• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 apex black fireing

gytrapex

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
06 yamhah apex gt
Ok guy here the prob I changed my oil for the first time my self I started it up to let the oil pump throw it till the red light when off so I shut it off I put more oil in it till it was on the f mark I started it agin ran fine red light was not on I hit the throttle and it back fired the rpm when to 1 and start running like #*$&@ like I fouled a plug I hit the throttle agin it black fire agin so I stayed on the gas a lil it was running like #*$&@ and back fireing then it cleaned up start running ok then I hit it agin back fired agin and u can hear it trying to idle better but it won't after idlein for 3 mins like it plug it's bad it pick back up started idleing at 2 rpm agin what could it be

Last edited:

From my experience with the Yamaha sleds when you start them cold don't touch the throttle or shut the machine off until it comes off fast idle. Also plugs other than
factory specs seam to foul easier. IMHO

I did let the red light go off be for I touch the throttle
From my experience with the Yamaha sleds when you start them cold don't touch the throttle or shut the machine off until it comes off fast idle. Also plugs other than
factory specs seam to foul easier. IMHO

sounds like fouled plug. when u changed the oil did you remove the air box. if so check to see if it is sealed proporly at the 4 throttle bodies as well as make sure the hoses are back on good.
Have the exhaust gaskets got a lot of k on them, if they are going this will cause backfire but usually after hard pulls on the throttle under load.
how old is the gas in it?

cheers

I tryed to get all the old gas out that I can with fresh 93 but what I don't get I can go out there right now and start it and it ur fine like nothing wrong with it
sounds like fouled plug. when u changed the oil did you remove the air box. if so check to see if it is sealed proporly at the 4 throttle bodies as well as make sure the hoses are back on good.
Have the exhaust gaskets got a lot of k on them, if they are going this will cause backfire but usually after hard pulls on the throttle under load.
how old is the gas in it?

cheers

It back fireing out the exhaust

if you are running 93 octane in a 06 it is burning to cold and you prolly fouled a plug remove them and replace or leave it sit for a day or two and then it will prolly dry out but will be sluggish till you give it a good long pull on an open trail. being you just bought this sled it is hard not to start it and hear it roar but it is quite bad for thease sleds to be run for short bursts the more you do it the worse they load up

Yes I'm running 93 and I just want out and started it and ran good red light want out hit the gas took it good then after 3 mins of letting it idle I hit the gas then that when it back fired and started runing like #*$&@
if you are running 93 octane in a 06 it is burning to cold and you prolly fouled a plug remove them and replace or leave it sit for a day or two and then it will prolly dry out but will be sluggish till you give it a good long pull on an open trail. being you just bought this sled it is hard not to start it and hear it roar but it is quite bad for thease sleds to be run for short bursts the more you do it the worse they load up

All that is required in these sleds is reg fuel. Premium fuel causes a slight loss of performance. Premium fuel burns slower and the timing on these sleds is set for reg. fuel

What fuel should I run why can't I run 93
All that is required in these sleds is reg fuel. Premium fuel causes a slight loss of performance. Premium fuel burns slower and the timing on these sleds is set for reg. fuel

Back