• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Apex Xtx build, 4year build and still changing

I still have the drone at certain speeds, Its the motor, i have different drivers, track, suspension and exhaust. I dont see any difference in noise between the two. it will bolt right on, you can put your flanges on and use the stock tips or with some spacers and some bending you can use the rx1 tips.

Hoping for 1 more ride wednesday. grass is green on my back yard.

BETHEVIPER said:
metric m10 rails and new style rails are the same in the back other than the width of the t slot on the slide, i have modified my rails to accept yamaha slides. The rail extensions are made to that width. They work great.

I have found this to not be true and am sorry to anyone that used this information. There are slight differences between the two and you could with a grinder or mill make extensions fit but they are not exactly the same.

I am back kinda, sled is ready to go, have had alot going on this summer, Built this thing this summer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze_rRwIqsLc

Now I am selling a house, renovating a house, moving into a house and running our local Rotary Auction for this fall. I havent bought any sleds this year and have sold down most of what I had so I wont be selling anything for a while. Maybe next fall I will be back as an advertiser and have a few new products as well.

For this year, I still have USI skis to do some more testing with, I will add a set of Dartless to them. I also will be testing the new skis as soon as the wharehous shows them availible I'll have a set. Wanted to try some Cobra heads on these but the company says they may not make any for it because they are an accessory, not a stock ski(wacko I know)
Should get around to painting the sled this year finally and will be cutting about 5 inches off the back and making a removable bumper so i can use my 10ft trailer again. Also need to change the bulbs to 5000 temp
oh, my slave just brought my dinner, have to go

Snow Date Log Feb 5th 2010

Well, finally got the sled painted, Mat black, Pictures later.
My RSI grip warmers SUCK. They burned out on me, not impressed. I will have to redo the bars with the cheap spi heaters that I have never had go bad. I am back to a set of update bars for this season so I don't freeze my hands.

Rocks Yamaheater is still burning my hands off though. I have his boosted version to try as well, though I cant think of when I need a hotter bar, maybe for cooking.

Ice attack track has held up great with no missing tips that I notice(might be a few) I still don't think I will buy another one for what we do with sleds around here but I don't not like it so much that I will take it out and replace it with the one I have for a spare.

CB performance extension have held up great, hope he got some sales from it and Thanks Again Bruce for the help.

I don't like aluminum wheels, they build up with ice, alot when conditions are right, but like ohlins shocks, "the chicks dig um"

My ohlins fronts I am not happy with but its my own fault. They are from a rx1 and are longer by 20mm. I can not get the front down any more and the sled needs to sit lower to handle better. I have to start trying some different springs, takes huge bumps great though.

13mm sway bar is a little too big with these springs and will poke you sometimes and remind you of it. With ohlins, I think a 12 would be better but I am used to it and it will stay on till I find a free one or a trade.

I Gave up on the USI skis for now but have some dartless to try on them.
sly dog powder hounds with dartless work great and track straight, They just dont have enough keal in the soft corners(all we have right now is crust and ice)
Arrow skis are still my choice.

Ulmers bushing kit is still tight up front after bashing the crap out of it.

Motor is still going strong with 16,700 miles

semi final pictures, still needs the seat recovered

Attachments

• 640 wide 1.jpg
    640 wide 1.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 444
  • 640 wide 3.jpg
    640 wide 3.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 366
  • 640 wide size.jpg
    640 wide size.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 355
  • 640 wide 6.jpg
    640 wide 6.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 351
Apex

BETHEVIPER said:
I also corrected an injustice. I have always dispised the design of the apex seat. Its droopy rear end style looks so out of place on an otherwise stylish sled.
I will be changing the foam and cover this summer but I did get around to changing the lower part so it looked more like the rx1 style of seat on the bottom tapering back and up.

So, basically you cut the bottom off an RX-1 seat and riveted to the Apex seat? It must say it does look much better. I just need to find the pan from an RX1 seat.

sled is out, have to put the muffler on it. I installed the correct head pipes and will be putting back on the stock muffler. I was running rx1 exaust for the last two years.
This winter I will be refining this sled a little, new clutch , seat cover, 4500 bulbs, usi triple threats with dartless plates, and finally get around to adjusting the skid and front shocks.

I am amazed at how good this sled runs as is though. On a ride last year( the few I got to go on) We lined up on the lake, with my 14 year old daughter on back, we blew by a f1000. She has her own sled this year so my sled should be faster.

House is closer to done so I should be able to do some riding this winter and get my sled and my daughters straightened out. I built a 03 viper for her, stock of course, other than the bos seat, arrow skis, mono shock skid, 1in cobra, carbides, hooked bars, riser, and hand gaurds.

dont forget to check out my parts list now and then

Do you have it for sale in the Classifieds section as well?

I did but it timed out. I dont' go on here much in the summer though I still pay.

sled is sitting out back under cover, taunting me, stop staring at me, look away, just look away, stop staring at me. Just go away.

Back