• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Attack with a 2860 topspeed ?

See n blue

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 LTX
Hi there, I am new to this forum let alone brand! Just purchased a 06 Attack for radar runs and was wondering if you guys had an idea what she'll run. What's the best gearing to speed ?
06 Attack
Hurricane 2860 with header, ported head, head studs etc. dyno'd 270 on low boost 325 on 12psi and 350 on 16psi. The owner wasn't into topspeed but I figured it should run a decent number.
We run 2000ft, every year it seems to be the blue corner always wins so I'm hoping I did the right thing buying this machine! Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

you have a lot of varibales you have to state first; track, studs, drivers, rpm, suspension settings, fuel, clutching, programmer, a/f ratio, track?
after you give some very specific details could someone give you an idea what it should run. some boosted sleds run high 130's and some run high 170's in 2000'. everything depends on all the varibles and the conditions.
if you run a 10 tooth driver and have full overdrive a 24/38 combo will obtain 146mph. everything being the same with a 25/38 you should see 154mph.

im not sure what you will be running but i know damn well you will have fun doing it, make sure you get some video. :Rockon:

Sorry guys I should have added, ripsaw track 136, has megabits studs, stock gearing and drivers. Most likely going to run on snow conditions, not ice! Has rapid bike for a fuel controller, a/f seems safe! Hurricane header and porting as well as mapping

See n blue - welcome to the site.

At 350 HP you will run out of gear even at 25/38, I know from experience, mine did 152 MPH at full shift out of the clutches, same Power level as you.
I would recommend 26/38 for speed runs over some distance like 1320 ft or 2000 ft.
You will gain around 10 mph gearing up one tooth on upper sprocket.

Please add Your location to Your user profile, it's a site requirement.

rxrider
TY Management Team

The sky is the limit - or your intestinal fortitude actually. I got a stroked apex motor 189 hp in a RX-1 chasis to do 138 on a lake with many gear changes and overdrive sheaves. Let me tell ya these things are not very aerodynamic at want to take off after 135 you need to get the nose down cause the lift almost blew me over.

safety warning!!!!! i wouldn't take that stock track over 140mph, you could be looking for trouble. the stock tracks use 12 threads per bar and the speed tracks have 18 threads per bar. if you're going to whined that thing up please install a speed track for any distances over 1320'.

Yamadog - I hear you on the nose lift past 135-140 mph. Mine does it as well running full suspension in the front and rear.
You need to lower the sled and put a spoiler up front for high speed.

Back