• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 nytro er code 84 pulling my hair out

Gravedigger

Lifetime Member
picked up a nice nytro from nick1945 can't get it to run smooth.i pulled the carbs cleaned them. They looked pretty good. it keeps back firing and doing the tors flutter ive tried to set the 3 carb screws no luck i let it warm up good still bucks and is slugish on the throtle( the pilot jets are clean ) with the choke on a little it still runs the same

You may need to resync the carbs.

06 er

tried adjusting throtle makes it worse not better. whats the best way to sync the 3 carbs together i see 2 of them run the fuel pumps and the other hasa rubber cap on the vac port

How about for a 3 cyl i see the 2 carbs the vac port goes to the 2 fuel pumps the other is blocked of how does it stay running if i take the lines going to the pumps off

it'll run for like 3 mins without the fuel pumps, or you can just tee the hose so you have your pumps running while you sync. make a few adjustments, then hook up pumps for a min, then make a few more adjustments. shouldnt take long to get them set.

I assume you have adjusted the Throttle Free Play to properly adjust TORS?

I never mess with the Ts. If you got them, it is nice. But you also have to add a short hose section to use them. I never found the need to put my tees in. The sled will run long enough to make the correct adjustments. If you run out of fuel before you are done, hook up the pumps and fill the carbs back up, connect the manometer and complete your adjustments.

Personally, ... I would try to properly adjust Throttle Freeplay before falling back on a TORS bypass. If you bypass TORS, and the problem goes away, you are still left with making the proper adjustment/replacing the switch, etc.. However, if you do make the proper throttle freeplay adjustment and you still have the same problem issue, then bypassing is a good way to troubleshoot. However, ...

Leaving TORS bypassed is NOT a fix and is dangerous. You can not get the hood up and get at the throttles going WOT down the trail when the throttle cable freezes. Once your done testing, TORS needs to be functional. The Factory put it there for a reason.

As I said "TEMPORARILY bypass the TOR system to eliminate the possibility of it being the problem". I would never recommend running with the TORS permanently disconnected. If the problem goes away when the TORS is bypassed then make the necessary cable and TPS adjustments and re-enable the system. My thoughts are to first get the carbs adjusted properly without interference from the TORS. Once that is accomplished then properly set the TORS.

Re-syncing the carbs, adjusting idle and cables are periodic maintenance items that are often neglected.

Len Todd said:
Personally, ... I would try to properly adjust Throttle Freeplay before falling back on a TORS bypass. If you bypass TORS, and the problem goes away, you are still left with making the proper adjustment/replacing the switch, etc.. However, if you do make the proper throttle freeplay adjustment and you still have the same problem issue, then bypassing is a good way to troubleshoot. However, ...

Leaving TORS bypassed is NOT a fix and is dangerous. You can not get the hood up and get at the throttles going WOT down the trail when the throttle cable freezes. Once your done testing, TORS needs to be functional. The Factory put it there for a reason.

Len, he stated above that he already tried adjusting it. Whether he did it properly I don't know, but you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. It definitely seems like a tors issue.

Back