• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 nytro er code 84 pulling my hair out

To me,... Adjusting the throttle, is not real clear. There are a couple throttle adjustments that could be made. The Throttle Freeplay is the one he should be looking into. He is still getting Code 84.

Personally I always try the simplest first. Adjusting the length of the throttle cable housing seems easiest to me. If that does not work, then bypassing by unplugging and replugging cables MAY be within the realm of the OP. For some folks, bypassing is problematic.

By the way, I have never seen or heard of a carb sync fixing a code 84. Code 84 is an electrically generated error. I also have not heard of there being a rash of '06 TORS switch failures.

Consequently, until the throttle free play adjustment is definitely ruled out, I stick to Keeping it Simple.

thank you for the info i have the sled put away till the new year but i will start up on it on sunday and post what i found i appreciate all of the comments thanks again Gravedigger

Has anyone been able to figure out if there is any kind of fuse or wiring related problems with TORS. I had a similar issue this weekend with my 08 Apex.
The sled drove just fine before my trip; however, upon arrive and backing my sled off the trailer the TORS was going off. I thought maybe my throttle cable was froze or something so I worked the cable a bunch and it didn't help. So I was able to take off my tank panel and reach down below the headlight and adjust the cable slack. I loosened to spec, no help, loosened way past spec, no help, tightened cable just before it would increase throttle and no help. I sat in the truck while the sled idle and couldn't think of anything else.
SOOO, being 3.5 hours from home on a day trip I decided to bypass TORS. Whalah, the sled would now move. I rode 100 miles and never had a blip or even slight throttle malfunction.
I have the stock MTX bars and riser. The throttle had never been touch by me before this as everything is still stock (sled only has 900 miles on it).
This leads me to believe that there is some other issue that is setting off the TORS.
Does anyone have any idea where the TORS sensors are? Or how you could possible test the TORS on any yamaha Model? I understand riding without TORS may be dangerous but I'm not going to let it ruin my season. I got back home late monday night and haven't had time to check out my seld to see if there are still issues.
What is everyones thinking here?

Back