• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 rtx 11,000 rpms

storman

Ok guys sled must be braking in and getting faster. Last weekend in the UP warm sunny day wet sticky snow was pulling 116mph on the speedo at 11,000 rpms. Usually around 10,500 to 10,800 on long pulls good snow covered trail at low temps around 108. Even on plowed road it will pull these speeds but not these rpms. Belt is good clutch cool just seems to be making more power. I may go with a new ulmer kit next season but I am going back up this weekend Havnt touched a yamaha clutch in years, help me get the rpms back down to 10,500 and see if that will get me even more top end.

Thanks alot!

How many miles are on your beldt?
A worn beldt can cause high rpms.

Please take a moment to fill in your profile location as it's required by all members.Thank You

Forgot about the profile, sorry. The belt has about 600 miles on it and looks great. I changed the belt at 1500 miles but that belt still looked good as well. I dont think it was slipping as the clutch felt cool. I swear it just feels faster,stronger. Usually my f7 can stay close to my apex but it would out pace it all day long. I havnt had a chance to hold it open for most of the winter due to all the traffic and ridding alot of off trail it just surprised me that the rpms were that high as the last time I held her open it wasnt. God I love this thing.

It will be fastest around 10,700-10,800. You may want to take a small 1.5 gram washer and fit it over the tip rivet and tack weld it in place with a wire feed welder. In some conditions like deep snow it may get the r's a little to low like below 10,500. They don't go near as good below 10,500. As it breaks in, they do continue to go faster and pull more RPM.

Back