• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'08 front end geometery versus '09

UPDATE!!

Well i talked with nate today, very very helpful. He did say they found a problem in the kits (thanks to me) haha. So they are fixing them today and powdercoating them next week then second day air them to me. So next week i will have my new lower arms. Sucks but Nate was very helpful and has done what he can to help me out and keep me happy. so for everyone thinking about getting this kit, they are fixing there jig for the lower arms. And i would recommend them, they were very helpful and apologetic for the problems.

I have been in the machining business for years now and i know s**t happens, i just happen to be on the wrong end of it but its getting taken care of!!

Here's a copy of a post I left on a similar thread.

I have both the 08 and 09 standard Nytro - not RTX. 1600 miles on the 08 and 1200 on the 09. Just rode each of them 200 miles this weekend.
With identical studding, carbides, and suspension setup (my own), the 08 is the preferred sled for aggressive riding. You can notice the difference - zero darting with the 09, and after suspension adjustments, the 08 still is a little nervous, but for sharp handling when pushing it hard, the more aggressive suspension angles of the 08 give it the edge. For all other riding situations, the 09 is better - goes where its pointed, confidence inspiring, and not the least bit nervous in any situations. With the suspension set up for trails, I can do 80 mph on a rail bed with only one hand on the bars and the sled is stable and goes where its pointed.

FYI - 96 studs, and 6-inch Stud Boy Deuce carbides on both sleds. The Woody's duelys take almost all the darting out of the 08 - but do not steer as crisp as the stud boys.
On both sleds: Front limiter strap shortened 2 holes. Front ski shocks with zero preload abd compression damping adjusted to the trail conditions. Hauck adjustable rear transfer blocks on the #1 setting. Neither sled has any ski lift on acceleration, and both can be throttle steered in the corners (like a REV or SXR). In other words, I can bring the rear end around with the throttle, and the skis stay planted with no inside ski lift.

As delivered from the dealer, the handling was the exact opposite - tippy, unexpected ski lift, and frightening.

For example, my friend rides a skidoo XP X package. I can hang with him easily when I'm on the 08, but on the 09 he can occationally pull away from me. I just can't drive the 09 as hard through the corners. But in both cases, I'm working a lot harder than he is.

Now for the disclaimer - these are both coil shock FX Nytro - Not the air shock RTX's. Last weekend I rode ditches all weekend ( a rarity for me) and the RTX would have been better than my sleds for that - lots of approcahes and jumping big holes. From what I have read on this forum, the RTX's are having the most difficulty getting the front shocks to do what they want as far as handling, ski lift, etc. Others may have to chime in here for further info.
These sleds will handle just fine - if you get some adjustable transfer blocks, adjust the limiter straps, and experiment with the front spring and rear skid spring preload
The standard Nytro and XTX - both with coil shocks - take some time and effort to set up the suspension so it does what you want it to do.
It took me a month of riding and tuning to dial in the FX - about 600 miles.

The RTX's are more complex and you need to seriously educate yourself on suspension tuning if you want to be happy with the sled. If you just ditch bang, the sled is close in stock form. For trail riding, you have lots of tuning to do.

if anyone wants or needs a set of the "all terrain" more trail like spindle for the timbersled front end for the fx nytro i have a set for sale. ski

never put them on. i ran with the mountain aggressive set up. just never found the time to install them. i have been told they calm the front end twitchiness on the 08 nytro narrow front end.

but again, i cannot comment as i never installed them. switched to kitty's this season. bought an M8.

i'll be the first to say i am not a big rider forward fan so, my choices were limited to the rmk or the mcats. both yam and skidoo are too rider forward for my style. hope this works out for me, or i may not be riding sleds much longer.

the migration to more and more rider forward sleds is not condusive for me and my style.

i still have yams in the stable though. ski

they were purchased from timbersled in march of this year. they only have 2 spindles that i know of, the std sharp steering mountain spindle, and the more relaxed trail (all terrain) spindle.
these were on their "demo" unit for a weekend from what i was told by allen. i personally never used them.

because i want to keep this thread as informational i will pm you price. ski

Back