• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 FX Nytro - what to look for when buying

adirondac blue

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I am looking at a 08 nytro, what should I look for. How does the front end look if tweeked. Anything else to look for.

The shock won't look centered in the A-Arm if the front-end is tweaked. Take a tape measure and check the spindel distance on both sides from a fixed spot on the tunnel.

To clarify the post above; there is some variation from sled-to-sled with respect to where the shocks sit relative to the upper a-arms. However, the spacing on both sides of an individual sled should be the same - or very close. I wouldn't worry about a 1/4" difference, but you don't want to see either shock in contact with an upper a-arm.

Also, check that the ski tips are even when they're pointing straight ahead. The handle bars should be square to the chassis too.

If you can see a plate (with a round hole in it) welded to the frame just below where the lower a-arms mount, the sled as an '09 sub-frame on it now. That's probably a good thing.

08 Nyto

Hey Blue,
I got an 08. Very low miles, First oil change To busy with work to ride my sled. Need to sell getting new XTX. :4STroke: :yam:

Back