• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 Vector DIES at 5200..!!~..??

mebelee

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 Yamaha Vector GT
2008 Yamaha Vector GT
2020 Yamaha SnoScoot
1979 Arctic Cat Pantera
1974 Chaparral SSX
1997 Polaris Ultra SPX SE
Sat for a few months. Ran well in June. On the stand in the shop ...NO !! we DO NOT have snow either...!!
A little ruff starting. idled well till it got up to temp. Gave it a couple blurps and stalled. No biggie.. Started right back up...slowly engaged & when I went up to 5200. The motor "strained" & shut off. Subsequent tries were the same... shut down at 5200. Any ideas?

Carbs need cleaning

Carbs need cleaning
Cleaning....??? Like total disaembly cleaning ...??? or spray #*$&@ down its throat....? Carb removal & pampering is such a PITA on this sled......

Also check the other end (exhaust). Maybe a critter got in there and plugged it up.

Are you trying to rev it up without the airbox intact?

Try revving it up with the choke activated, if it helps, then your pilots are plugged up. You'll likely need to remove the carbs and completely clean them.

Those carbs are a BIG PITA. If I can't get it to run with carb cleaner....I'm gonna sell the damn thing !

IDK I just did them last season & use non ethanol gas ONLY. Last ran it in June - AOK then... We didin't ride last year at all here.....nosnow.It just takes (me) HOURS to get off & apart & back on.....??

fresh gas? old stuff causes issues.

A
Airbox on but wasn't clipped shut and vacuum hose is attached
Airbox must be completely closed and attached.
I take it you made sure there was no mouse nest anywhere in the airbox?

I put fuel shut-offs on the two fuel lines going to the fuel pumps. After the season, I close the valves and run the sled until it dies. No fuel in the carb bowls to evaporate and gum things up. Can be a little challenging to get things going again come the new season, but runs well after getting it going. Your other option is to run it every month with premium non-ethanol gas with fuel stabilizer, until hot and shut her down. Both methods work.

A

Airbox must be completely closed and attached.
I take it you made sure there was no mouse nest anywhere in the airbox?
no mouse had to open box to give it a squirt first.

Back