• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 FX Nyrto Shorty or XTX??

swo-sledder

I am wondering which sled to buy? I am coming off a 05 Rev 800 short track and ride 80% trails very aggressively.Is there any benifit for me to purchase the xtx? Does it handle as good as the short track on trails?

I've read a whole lot on here and I'm almost leaning toward the XTX since it sounds to handle just as well.

do you like to jump and ride aggressivly on very rough trails. because if you do i have heard that some people cannot get the suspension to the stiffness they like. so if you hit jumps and pound the moguls i would go with the rtx nytro. imo

darren

I have ridden the 09 xtx and the 08 rtx. At 6'3" and 240lbs, the xtx fits me like a glove. It seems to ride very well, and resist bottoming. The RTX was a little too stiffly suspended for me using it as a trail sled though. at least as it was set up. I am sure the shocks and the rest of the suspension can be dialed in regardless of which you buy. I like the xtx for the same reason I like a 136" track over a 121", bump bridging. Also having the extended tunnel allows the mounting of a gas can. That might be needed on a sled with only a 7 gallon tank and 15-16 mpg.

rtx se if you like to ride agressive, the xtx will never handel well enough if you realy like to push it, takes some set up work to get the rtx to handel, the long track makes that even harder if at all posible

thanks for the help!

I dont need the space at 5'7" 140lbs.Im not so worried about shocks as I will buy custom shocks or revalve the gytr's if they are not sufficent.I read guys prefer the gytr's for adjustability VS standard floats.are gytr, both compression and rebound adjustable on the front?

how do the FX nytro's compare to 06 nytro for cornering as I have rode my buddies but felt it was unstable compared to my rev. i understand its a new chasis so i would hope it greatly improved?

I really like my XTX way better than the 08 121" Nytro I had last year.
I don't even notice the long track when coming into a corner.
And very happy I have it when exiting the corner.
There is more track and bite on the snow = better launch during exit.

One reason I've gone down one hole on the front strap with the XTX is so I can launch hard and still have just a little bit of outside ski touching.
Enough to keep me pointed in the right direction.

There are a host of updates that make the 09 XTX better than my 08.
Rear shocks are not the best, but I intend to upgrade them next year.
GYRT shocks up front are fine.
After reading that the air shocks won't hold a charge at -30. (is happening up in Alaska from what I've heard) but I don't like the sound of that.
Plus GYTR much easier to adjust.
Think about air shocks after 4 years or so... will they collapse and fail on the trail one day?

The best part is the different approach hitting the snow and track profile around the drive. (other than front strap issues)
The track never skips (ratchets) and the chassis is down enough to make XTX flater in the hairy corners.

I don't know how much of the flatter turning feeling is from 09 front end updates. (mine is starting to show signs of sloppy wear already)
Next year I will be upgrading bushings and ball joints.
Most likely changes up front and back have made this an overall better package.

Yes I had the benifit of some serious seat time on an 08 Nytro.
And after I had for awhile it I knew it should have been a long track.
Once you have an XTX set up the way you like it.
It feels like a 121.

220lbs with gear and 240lbs after ice buld up!!!

I too have the same question regarding the XTX in tight trails. Will it push out? if it only pushes as bad as 136 I can handle that. My local dealer has an XTX on the floor right now for $8200!!!! I am sooooo tempted!!

I just bought xtx yesteday and love it in the trails and I am coming off a rx1 and a 07 phazer. The xtx is a great sled.

The FX Nytros are night and day better in handling compared to the 06-07 Nytros. They are not tippy in the least.

Grimm said:
The FX Nytros are night and day better in handling compared to the 06-07 Nytros. They are not tippy in the least.
thats what I really wanted to hear!!

Just sold the rev today will try and pick up a xtx early next week.

swo-sledder said:
I am wondering which sled to buy? I am coming off a 05 Rev 800 short track and ride 80% trails very aggressively.Is there any benifit for me to purchase the xtx? Does it handle as good as the short track on trails?

I've read a whole lot on here and I'm almost leaning toward the XTX since it sounds to handle just as well.
The obvious benefits of the XTX would be improved off-trail flotation (that will suck anyway because of the track...) and improved on-trail bump bridging. Though, if you really ride the way you say - go for the RTX SE. In my opinion, there is no way the skid design of the XTX will take one season of rough trail abuse...

Back