• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 mufflers giving more HP and a deeper tone

scott17

Extreme
I read it somewhere that a person had claimed on a dyno that the 09's mufflers are making 1-2 more HP ;)! and the tone is a little deeper. True or false?
Does any one have proof of this or have read the same?
:rocks:

No, no, & no. I went riding with a friend last week with an '09. Sounded the same as my '08 & had no more power. Just somebody trying to belittle the '08s in another way. What a joke!!

Sounds like the same BS morons were saying when the 400ex quad came out. There was a hot internet rumor that the Yellow body work ones had more power than the Red ones. LOL!!

theCATman said:
No, no, & no. I went riding with a friend last week with an '09. Sounded the same as my '08 & had no more power. Just some douchebag trying to belittle the '08s in another way. What a joke!!

Sounds like the same BS morons were saying when the 400ex quad came out. There was a hot internet rumor that the Yellow body work ones had more power than the Red ones. LOL!!
One sure way to find out is if the part #'s are the same from 08/09 and after thinking about it more they also said the internal baffling design was different looking. Every one knows whenever they make changes they asign it a new #. If The sound seems the same OK, but could anyone actualy feel a .5-1 HP difference between say 7100-7350 RPMS. It may be BS, but it may be possible. Time will tell, I could call a dealer for the part#'s from an 08/09 but I have better things to do other than wasting a dealers time.

The more I think about it, the Yellow & White ones got the better muffler and it was also a special part of the RTX-SE. But only if you requested it.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

No difference between 08 & 09. I have seen two different 08's dyno at 140-142 hp. I have played with different stock mufflers and seen very little difference as well.

Back