• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 nytro base model vs RTX???

DaveRX1

Expert
I have a deposit on a new 09 Nytro (base model) the shock package looks to be the same as my 07 Phazer FX was. I liked the Phazer suspension (esp after revalve).

My question is will I be satisfied with the base or should I upgrade to the RTX for an additional $500??

I ride very agressive, but value good cornering more than being able to make big jumps ect.

Will the base Nytro be enough????

I really cannot compare a stock to an RTX, but I have the SE and riding on tug hill this sled performs better than I anticipated. I have always upgraded on the sleds that I have owned including an fat man spring on my apex RTX that I owned before I owned my SE. I think it really depends on where you ride. I hear people talk about being too stiff, but if you are hitting 80 miles of 2-3 footers all day go with the RTX. If you are riding groomed all day go with stock. I think the SE is the first sled that I have bought that I have not had to upgrade on the suspension. I would tell you if you could find an SE go with that. The suspension is far better than the regular RTX and it is a minimal increase in price, you will hear alot that saty it is too stiff, but there is a reason why they call it the SE. You also have limitless adjustments to really dial it in for every type of ride. It took me a year to get the fronts figured out and now it will take me another year to get the skid, but as I said absolutely the best sled I have bought. good luck with your decision.

it all depends on what your looking for, i bought a leftover nytro last year in the rtx ( 6800.00 bucks ) even though i heard they are stiff.Well i rode it and found out that it was too stiff for my liking, way to much chatter in the 6 to 12 inch bumps, so this year i did the trail pro package from hygear and now i will have a sled with more adjustability than a nytro se but for a lot less money. If you want the best yami has to offer offer go with the rtx or the se, but if you think it may be to stiff, then go with the standard nytro and get the shocks revalved to you liking. Like i said, 6800.00 for the sled and 1400.00 more for the revalve and im still around 1800.00 less than a 09 nytro se. Anyway, have fun shopping.

Weasel,

Which valving did you get from HyGear....... the "Trail" or "XC" version. My shocks are there now and Ross needs to know which valve package I want.

He is steering me towards the XC and says I can always have it revalve if it's too stiff.

pumkin, i got the trail package. im not really into jumping my sled so i went with the softer package. but even with that said, ross said that if they where to soft that i could send them back and he would revalve them for free. with getting the trail pro package you get to set your hi and low speed compression so i can set the low speed for the small slow bumps and still have the hi speed comp. fot the big hits. i guess it all depends if you want your bars to be still through the stutter bumps or if you dont mind some chatter coming through your handlebars. personally i like a smooth sled.

Back