• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

10 XTX extro installation

johnelway

Expert
Hi Guys,
Just installed some doo extros and it seems like me endcap is hitting the driver.
I know that i need to trim but Can somebody show me some pics of trimmed caps or rails?
I tried to drill the rivet and they seems to be welded in the hole. can't drill them.
2010 are the same? any tips or pictures?
can i replace them by anti-stab wheel kit?

thanks!

I do remember reading a thread about trimming them but it was a long time ago. You could try doing a search. I put extroverts on my shorty and didn't have to, but I think the rails are different on the XTX. It may be just as easy to pull the skid out to trim them... Good luck.

I know my XTX rails were trimmed by the previous owner when he installed extro's. I found out when I went to install slides for the first time, got the new ones all the way on and the mounting holes didn't line up... It wasn't a ton but I had to pull them back off and trim the ends.

I'm flying back home tonight and will try to get a picture if I remember.

ok guys,
Purchased new cap this morning. trimmed the rail about 3/8 to 1/2.
Re done the angled end of the rail.
Installed the new cap and redrilled the hole into the rail.
drill and tap new hole for the slide.
Look like OEM. Now everything seems to be good. will do a longer test ride this afternoon!
Thanks for your help guys.

Back