• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

100 mile report and questions

morg

Lifetime Member
Hi. I just bought a new to me 08 Apex ltx gt with 1200 miles on it from a dealer. I put 100 miles on it in the last 2 days and here are my findings and questions.
First off I like the sled. Nice, clean and well made. I'm 6'2" and over 300 with gear. I plan to get the shock revalved and the 7.1kg spring. There is a lot of ice build up in the tunnel and on the rails and suspension. I bumped into Darv on the trail and he said the rear heat exchanger will solve this. He also said the handwarmer look upgraded, which would explain why I love them.
He suggested different skis and the 13mm sway bar but so far I like the stokers. Ya. Know , I'm the only one lol.
I wish I would have had him ride it a mile. The sled seems loud. Loud like as if the exhaust donuts are shot. But at 1200 miles?
It has a tall windshield with the brackets on it. I'm not sure if ill keep it or not. I think a lower one and some hand guards might look sharp.
I bought a tank bag that I need velcro for and a windshield bag that a can stash a spare key in as well as a nose cone bag that I like. I think saddle bags are on the wish list.
Over all I like the sled and can't wait to put another 10000 miles on it.
All comment/tips appreciated. Thanks.

If your not running studs remove the tunnel protects and lot of that ice will be gone. To check the donuts when its running block the exhaust and if it dies there fine. I like running with out the sway bar.

I plan on studding it. Don't the engineers test these things in snow? Lol. My god Magnum.
How should I block the exhaust?
Thanks for the reply.

Also I'm looking at a predator track and studding it. I'm going to change gears and put the extrovert drivers in at the same time. Ill send my shock out at the same time and have the big boy spring ready to go in too. No sense pulling everything out twice. I might even put the two bolt doo wheel kit in then too and be done with it. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

Back