• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

128/ 10 tooth extrovert project complete with pics

unchained

Expert
Just had to cut down 3/16" off the extro tips to safely clear the rail tips, otherwise its a done deal!!
Thanks to my friend Chris, Tom Hartman and some of you on here for the tips and heads up as I was planning it out.....

Attachments

• IMG_4605.jpg
    IMG_4605.jpg
    493.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4601.jpg
    IMG_4601.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4602.jpg
    IMG_4602.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4604.jpg
    IMG_4604.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 81

lucky_7 said:
Looks good. What did the total parts package cost ya and how was the labor?
Thanks! never mind how dirty it is, now its time for an oil change and then a good bath!

$90 for the Hartman extensions plus rush shipping ($118)
$108 for the Doo drivers plus rush shipping ($150)
$229 for the track -shipped

Labor was not much more than just a regular Yamaha track swap out job plus about 1.5 hrs of installing the Hartman extensions. BUT........I took the drivers to my friends work (GM dealership) and they took me waaaaay more time than expected. First we custom set-up the brake lathe and turned them down, then we pressed off the old ones and when I pressed on the new ones I did he math wrong like a moron and used the same center distance as the originals so we had to press the extros back off, call Mr. Hartman and then redo. (Btw, sometimes it pays to pay a few extra $$$ and order kits from the experts that INCLUDE detailed instructions). Thanks for helping me anyhow--Mr. Hartman! Of course now I could do it ALL again in half day now but otherwise the drivers took the most time. Thanks to my friend Chris and the Yamaha-motor.com parts micro fiche I was able to re-assemble it yesterday with a severely sprained foot with badley torn ligaments.

Additional cost now will be studs. I found a smokin deal on new Roetins off HCS for just over a buck a piece and also another smokin deal on new Stud Boy single and Woody double w7 degree angle backers again off HCS so my total studding with 170 premium studs will be about $220.

$717 total minus what I'll get for my like new ripsaw on eBay. Soooo Approx $500 total I guess at this point.

I had the angled backers and they are great, unless you want to stop. If I do it again I would mix in about 1/3 regular backers or spin around some of the angled ones to help with stopping

Apsterbobed said:
I had the angled backers and they are great, unless you want to stop. If I do it again I would mix in about 1/3 regular backers or spin around some of the angled ones to help with stopping
Yeah, Im running 170 total with 102 single Roetin 1080's and then 68/2=34 angled doubles with Gold digger 1175's, so I think my ratio sould be fine for stopping.

More pics showing the cooler/protectors/track clearance.

Now.....the bigger drivers do hang below the belly pan/chassis so my next project is to fabricate a custom skid plate to prevent disaster if I case it....

Attachments

• IMG_4819.jpg
    IMG_4819.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4820.jpg
    IMG_4820.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4821.jpg
    IMG_4821.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 72
skyboz said:
Nice pics!! Looks like you have plenty of clearance!!! ;)!
Thanks! I'll post pics of my skid plate/drivers-drive shaft deflector next.

I got nervous before it was assembled and went with shorter studs than I had planned and now that its done I clearly could have used 153 of the new Stud Boy 1280's like I wanted to. Now its 170 with (102) 1080's and (68) 1175's. Oh well.....

Back