• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

129" LE

yamahasrx27

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2002 Yamaha SRX 700
2015 Yamaha Viper RTX LE 129" Blue/Orange
Was wondering how guys liked the 129" Spring order LE pro-cons 15 and 16 model years is handing better suspension worth the extra$$$ any input would be great thanks

sorry about confusion I was talking about 2015-16 model year not a new 17 not sure if they offered it in 2017? I looking for a used/leftover new 129" LE just wondering about the suspension and handling if it was worth extra coin I ride very aggressively........I know these sled are no lake racer not buying for that purpose looking for something to handle nasty trails more so than top end

My fault. Thats the sled for the big bumps and jumping for sure. Just a warning though. Even with higher gearing and perfect clutching on a good day its a 85-90mph sled. The track really slows it down but My God does it hook up and go for shorter runs! If thats what you are looking for go grab one!

your talking about the 15 le with the 1.7 track being geared down right??

I have a 15 le and like cannon said it's great to around 60 mph but for you to see mid eighties it's gotta be cold and hard. If it soft my le will only hit 72-75mph, no lie! The one thing that awesome about the sled is the shocks, but I did have hi/low compression and rebound put on my shock as well as a revalve for my riding style. If top speed is NOT an issue for you then you will love the 15 rtx le. Hope this helps.

I could not have said it better about the 15 LE 1.7. Not a fast sled but boy do it hook up well and a blast on the low end easy to lift the skis and the small extras that are on it to match the zr7000 rr is nice like different foot grips, some extra bracing, light weight rotor, much beefier rear skid, and tether cord. I was running lots of power upgrades when the sled was N/A and it would only hit 88mph in perfect conditions with the low gearing and the sno-x track. Over this past summer i have installed a turbo and uped the gearing only slightly over the regular rtx to 21/49 because i didnt want to loose that low end grunt.

I'll echo those above. The skid and suspension is awesome. Like Weasel I spent the $$$ to have the shock adjusters upgraded to the DSC valves as well as Kashima coating that Yamaha showed us. I regeared to 24/49 last season, but did not get out much and don't really see that it gained me anything.

Right now I'm torn between

1) Do nothing and ride as is
2) Turbo it
3) Sell it

I should add that the 1.7 lug tracks were not made to last. They shed lugs in a hurry. I'll be changing the track soon. Still undecided on what I'll put on it, but I'm thinking with resale in mind.

Back