• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

15 SRViper MTX Push kit

Snowbound98

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 SR Viper M-TX 153
Bought a Push kit for my MTX and it came with PCV, Autotune and Pod300. I also have a Wideband2 module. Should I get the ignition module so I can pull some timing or does it not matter if I’m under 8lbs?

Sled info
15 Viper MTX 153 with BackcountryX 1.75”
Stock 7 tooth drivers but changed gear from 21/49 to 21/41
Stock fuel system but kit came with 430cc Ulmer injectors
TP clutching and I have a few different helix to play with 39,45,47/43 and a 47.

The PCV has a tune in it already but I’m concerned about timing. And should I put cooler plugs in it? This is obviously my first time putting a turbo on a sled and the tuning isn’t like HPTuners like I’m used to and doesn’t allow me to adjust anything other than fueling. Not having a knock sensor is another issue. Is it just as simple as adjust for AFR and dial in the clutching?
Appreciate any info or advise. Thanks.
867C7C3F-CA12-49E4-8AAC-148794F8D241.jpeg

You are fine with stock timing if you keep it under 8 lbs, but 6 would be safer if you haven't decompressed the engine. Those kits were designed to be bolt-on for stock engines with stock fuel system (and stock ignition timing) with low boost. The limiting factor of those FPP, MPI and Push kits wasn't so much stock timing but rather the stock fuel system capacity... unable to flow enough additional fuel to support higher boost without leaning out. The 430cc injectors allows running more boost but have to be cautious the factory in-tank pump can support the bigger flow, tell tale sign it can't would be AFR's leaning out as boost increases and the PCV increasing % fuel numbers doesn't make a difference.
Make sure you are monitoring boost pressure and wideband lambda on the POD300 to make sure you are running with in safe parameters...

Sharp looking sled, BTW. I have a black '15 RTX DX but I like the clean all black look of yours.

You are fine with stock timing if you keep it under 8 lbs, but 6 would be safer if you haven't decompressed the engine. Those kits were designed to be bolt-on for stock engines with stock fuel system (and stock ignition timing) with low boost. The limiting factor of those FPP, MPI and Push kits wasn't so much stock timing but rather the stock fuel system capacity... unable to flow enough additional fuel to support higher boost without leaning out. The 430cc injectors allows running more boost but have to be cautious the factory in-tank pump can support the bigger flow, tell tale sign it can't would be AFR's leaning out as boost increases and the PCV increasing % fuel numbers doesn't make a difference.
Make sure you are monitoring boost pressure and wideband lambda on the POD300 to make sure you are running with in safe parameters...

Sharp looking sled, BTW. I have a black '15 RTX DX but I like the clean all black look of yours.
Appreciate the feedback. Yes, I have boost and AFR gauges and will also data log them with the POD. I’m more used to watching injector pulse width to see if my injectors are maxed out and if pulse width is under 85% and still can’t get AFR to run on rich side when commanded, than it’ll be time for a bigger pump. But I wasn’t sure on the timing. For those who do run the ignition module, do you just pull a set ° per lb of boost? Kinda sketchy without having a knock sensor. Maybe I’m just overthinking it. I’ll do the head shim and studs over the summer but I’m just looking to get my feet wet with this tuning.
Again, thanks for the response. And I really like the blacked out look too. I did add some tunnel decals over the summer but only because I had some scuffs on my side tunnel from boots and also top of tunnel from bag. I think I’m gonna do a full wrap this year but nothing outrageous.
3880CC09-9DAE-4F24-9178-43A8ED9D3D4F.jpeg

Back