• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need help… no boost

Maybe you are getting an exhaust leak like a cracked header?
Perhaps, however it’s a brand new header because my last header broke at the bellow again. I can also stall the engine out by plugging the exhaust. Another member on the forum is going to boost leak test his sled to compare to the video I sent him of my sled. If anyone wants to see the video, PM me your email or phone number and I’ll send it to you

Well, after a few days of debating whether I wanted to tackle the job, I decided I’d at least pull the exhaust cam caps, rotate the cam upward and pull as many buckets as I could. While I ended up going too far and the cam came out of the head, I think I found my problem. One of the shims in cylinder 1 exhaust valves wasn’t seated and fought coming out of its hole. Now I just have to throw it all back together….. ‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_7685.jpeg
    IMG_7685.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 19
Well, after a few days of debating whether I wanted to tackle the job, I decided I’d at least pull the exhaust cam caps, rotate the cam upward and pull as many buckets as I could. While I ended up going too far and the cam came out of the head, I think I found my problem. One of the shims in cylinder 1 exhaust valves wasn’t seated and fought coming out of its hole. Now I just have to throw it all back together….. ‍♂️
I think you said you blew a belt? So this can happen. Usually sled runs rough but guess depends if shim all way out? If your cams are out good time to do your intake leak test again no air will be going through head now. Good luck.

If the shim was in place but not seated the valve clearance should have been tight.... And the only way to get the buckets out is to remove the cam. Real fun job as you are finding out.

Typically it spits the shim right out. I had a shim spit once and got lucky the shim was there and one keeper even sitting there that had come out. I got real lucky. You know when it happens usually as it runs like crap, like only running on two cylinders and should like an old cow giving birth.

Back