• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

16-17 Rear Shock Info

As a consumer purchasing a high dollar sled I for onw would expect what the sled is suppose to do as good as the model it replaced. As we all know that is was not any way near to be proper, except for maybe a 400lbs rider. To open your wallet and spend 499, I would spend a little more and get a stage 4 elka for 699. I might anyway in the future, when the air fox The bottom line is Yamaha has put the dealers in a very uncomfortable position when somebody is spending$14-$17,000 knowing the shock is not a very good product ,that fox shock is just a cheap shock and that's why they put it in ,if the upgraded shock cost $499 that means the shocks that came with the 16 and 17 apexes was about a $200 shock

It appears yamaha is doing the right thing by replacing the shock with a better one. I do agree the origianl shock should have never happened by installing them on a top of the line product. I also agree the dealers are being put in the middle. When this is all said and done, if yamaha did the right thing the first time with the right shock we would not have this thread at all. I, and sure most of us here have better things to do and expect this from our sled manufacturer.

It appears yamaha is doing the right thing by replacing the shock with a better one. I do agree the origianl shock should have never happened by installing them on a top of the line product. I also agree the dealers are being put in the middle. When this is all said and done, if yamaha did the right thing the first time with the right shock we would not have this thread at all. I, and sure most of us here have better things to do and expect this from our sled manufacturer.
You guys are fooling yourselves with these fox replacement shocks think about it the replacement shock cost $499 so the one that came with the 2016 and 2017 models must be a $200 shock if you replace it and take it out you will feel it it feels like it's plastic all the way through

So far the upgraded fox is better. I would say it is as good or better than my 07 mono with a revalved shock. The comp and rebound adjustments have a greater range than the mono did. the set up instructions were spot on with air pressure to my weight and sit in sag specs.
I am sure the elka could be valved better and a coil spring would be more reliable than air.
Over all the new fox is many times better than the shock that came on the sled, now I like my machine.
Don't hold your breath

First of all if I may jump in on this I understand you work for port Yamaha which by the way is a great company to deal with but between the factory and the dealers you guys are passing the buck around it's not rocket science the shocks are no good and they shouldn't have been put in the snowmobiles in the first place so the obvious thing to do would be to replace them all and not dance around the subject I know you were making an example with the 03 RX 1 but we're not talking about a 14 year difference were talking about less than 1 year.

Hello 1320 - I do work for Port Yamaha and thanks for the kind words regarding our business - in regards to how you feel the dealers are passing the buck around I don't follow... at the start of this post provided by Cannondale27 is clearly the letter informing dealers of the program to replace the shocks on 2017 Apex models only - there is no mention of owners of 2016 Apex or 2016/2017 Vectors getting the shock replaced for free. The next attachment Cannondale27 provided is the tech exchange letting dealers know that same shock is now available as an accessory for those 2016/2017 Apex/Vector models. This is the exact information we have been supplied with so how are we passing the buck around as I don't follow...

I entered this post to let customers know that shock is now in stock and available as since the time the program came out for the free replacements for 2017 Apex models I have fielded many calls and emails from 2016/2017 Vector and 2016 Apex owners wondering if this shock was going to be available for purchase for their sleds and how much it was gonna cost as some were interested in upgrading their sleds to this recently developed highly adjustable new shock.

Hello 1320 - I do work for Port Yamaha and thanks for the kind words regarding our business - in regards to how you feel the dealers are passing the buck around I don't follow... at the start of this post provided by Cannondale27 is clearly the letter informing dealers of the program to replace the shocks on 2017 Apex models only - there is no mention of owners of 2016 Apex or 2016/2017 Vectors getting the shock replaced for free. The next attachment Cannondale27 provided is the tech exchange letting dealers know that same shock is now available as an accessory for those 2016/2017 Apex/Vector models. This is the exact information we have been supplied with so how are we passing the buck around as I don't follow...

I entered this post to let customers know that shock is now in stock and available as since the time the program came out for the free replacements for 2017 Apex models I have fielded many calls and emails from 2016/2017 Vector and 2016 Apex owners wondering if this shock was going to be available for purchase for their sleds and how much it was gonna cost as some were interested in upgrading their sleds to this recently developed highly adjustable new shock.
Can you tell me why when Yamaha has recognized that the shock selection that they installed on the 16-17 models Apex and vectors was a mistake and now is wanting customers that paid big money for there 16s which has the exact same skid as the 17s are pushing them to purchase a upgraded shock that they are supplying for free on the 17s? and of course you are all for it because you get to sell it to them, also could you direct me to the page on the Fox site where this new upgraded shock is? sense Yamaha has worked so hard with fox to develop this top of the line upgraded shock.

I guess my frustrations didn't come through on that last text to you I just don't understand why they can't replace that shock with a coil over shock that has some adjustability rather than another airshock In the end I guess we just have to figure it out for ourselves I don't have much faith in the upgraded air shocks I know you dealers are caught between a rock and a hard place thanks for all the help and info though

Just to update this post if you are a 2016/2017 Vector or 2016 Apex owner and were looking to upgrade your sled to this new Fox Float Evol RC Single-Shot shock it is now available through the parts division as an accessory for MSRP of $499.99 and even though I'm sure plenty feel this should be a free upgrade realistically this offer for this shock at that price is a great deal/offer from Yamaha for anyone wanting to upgrade their sled from their stock rear shock.
Tell me if this post through unspoken suggestions is not "sneaky advertisement" LOL

Those with the 16 apex should have it done through warranty and not have to fork out the 499. My 16 apex was covered under warranty just like the 17 apex is. For those that may have paid for this shock, I would demand my money back or dispute it hard.

Those with the 16 apex should have it done through warranty and not have to fork out the 499. My 16 apex was covered under warranty just like the 17 apex is. For those that may have paid for this shock, I would demand my money back or dispute it hard.
100% agree with you

I get it you 16 owners are frustrated. Port is (as an advertiser on this site) informing you that the parts are available thru them if you choose the option provided by Yamaha. They are not the ones to get frustrated with, they have provided us all with valuable info and great deals on products over the years they have been on this site. They have every right to let you know they can help you with the solution your OEM has provided you with. I think it is misguided frustration to get mad at them. Now on the subject of if Yamaha should stand up and take care of you all I think so. If a recall is done from an OEM it is for the part number of the faulty part and is for all effected models and years that are effected by the fault. I guess that is why it is not a recall, that, and it is not a safety risk. I guess Yamaha snow division is too poor to make this right for everyone and has stirred the pot by offering it at all to just the few. I feel your pain and to that I say at least there is an option, But please don't take it out on Port they are a great sponsor of this site and a great business to work with and I would hate to see them stop helping us on this site.

I get it you 16 owners are frustrated. Port is (as an advertiser on this site) informing you that the parts are available thru them if you choose the option provided by Yamaha. They are not the ones to get frustrated with, they have provided us all with valuable info and great deals on products over the years they have been on this site. They have every right to let you know they can help you with the solution your OEM has provided you with. I think it is misguided frustration to get mad at them. Now on the subject of if Yamaha should stand up and take care of you all I think so. If a recall is done from an OEM it is for the part number of the faulty part and is for all effected models and years that are effected by the fault. I guess that is why it is not a recall, that, and it is not a safety risk. I guess Yamaha snow division is too poor to make this right for everyone and has stirred the pot by offering it at all to just the few. I feel your pain and to that I say at least there is an option, But please don't take it out on Port they are a great sponsor of this site and a great business to work with and I would hate to see them stop helping us on this site.
No one is mad or frustrated with port Yamaha, i'm sure they are a great dealer and provide a great service, one of their employee's chimed in and voiced his opinion which are highly welcomed I believe on this forum, but when you voice a opinion there is always to sides to a coin and that's how we all learn different points of view to consider, I certainly apologize if port Yamaha employee was affended.

No one is mad or frustrated with port Yamaha, i'm sure they are a great dealer and provide a great service, one of their employee's chimed in and voiced his opinion which are highly welcomed I believe on this forum, but when you voice a opinion there is always to sides to a coin and that's how we all learn different points of view to consider, I certainly apologize if port Yamaha employee was affended.
well you did accuse them of "sneaky advertisement" They pay to advertise on this site and put their name out there as a place to get what Yamaha has Offered. that is what kind of set me off sorry if my rant made you mad but if it was Yamaha offering belts at $12 bucks a piece and port said hey we have them would you still call them sneaky?

well you did accuse them of "sneaky advertisement" They pay to advertise on this site and put their name out there as a place to get what Yamaha has Offered. that is what kind of set me off sorry if my rant made you mad but if it was Yamaha offering belts at $12 bucks a piece and port said hey we have them would you still call them sneaky?
I did not know they paid to advertise on this site, I was only jokingly rattling the employees chain that's why at the end of the post I put LOL, I did not realize how sensitive and emotional damaging and heart breaking and my post would cause such distress, again I sincerely apologize .......now i'm depressed

I did not know they paid to advertise on this site, I was only jokingly rattling the employees chain that's why at the end of the post I put LOL, I did not realize how sensitive and emotional damaging and heart breaking and my post would cause such distress, again I sincerely apologize .......now i'm depressed
Lol

Sent from my XT1564 using Tapatalk

Back