• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

16 front end on a 2014

kodak

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Hey guys I have been looking at putting a 2016 front on my 2014 xtx which already has a 38" front but the add on country cat says not compatible with 2014 or 15 evol due to evol chamber hitting a arm has anyone done this and turned the shocks upside down .don't want to buy shocks again but the kit is on for 499 for upper and lower arm and spindles. But after buying shocks last year do not want to do that all over. The sled tips up easily now but has trouble staying their.thanks

the evols work both ways on the Barcode kit. and it uses the 38" wide front end shocks. So you wouldn't need to get new shocks again. Like you would for the 2016 front end. The 365 kits holds a on edge crazy good! better then the 2016 front end.

Hey guys I have been looking at putting a 2016 front on my 2014 xtx which already has a 38" front but the add on country cat says not compatible with 2014 or 15 evol due to evol chamber hitting a arm has anyone done this and turned the shocks upside down .don't want to buy shocks again but the kit is on for 499 for upper and lower arm and spindles. But after buying shocks last year do not want to do that all over. The sled tips up easily now but has trouble staying their.thanks

It will work if you already have shocks for 38". They supply internal spacers to convert them to shocks for 36". I know because I have just bought a kit. Kinda spendy to have the spacers added though.

One of these days I'll take some pics, but I have EVOLs on my 2014 XTX,and they hit the arms. I was going to sell them, then went into an AC dealer and to my amazement an 8000RR on the floor, EVOL chamber hitting the steering arm! Brand freaking new. My buddy has a 2013 RR Tucker Hibbert and his Evol chambers are rotated and not even close to interfering.

So I've been riding it like this for over a month and see no issued. When I have them revalved I'm going to see if there's any solution. There is a left and rightshock, and they won't come close to fitting upside down. I tried, not a chance.

Also curious what the spacers are you are talking about? I used the eye bushings/spacers from the Float 3's, removed the bushings and spacers that came in the EVOLs. Had the Fox rep show me how to do it.

Last edited:
Barcode kit boys, Barcode kit. The evols fit fine lots of space plus no spacers needed. Not to mention the ride is way better. Check out some of their vids. Holds the edge super easy!

I may have to go barcode . The spacer I was talking about come with the 2016 conversion kit and go inside your floats to make them more like the 16 shocks for the 36" front end country cat has a description of them .

I may have to go barcode . The spacer I was talking about come with the 2016 conversion kit and go inside your floats to make them more like the 16 shocks for the 36" front end country cat has a description of them .

I'm assuming you're talking about the spherical bearings at the attachment points of each end of the shock. The Float 3s come with a 1" aluminum spacer and rubber sheaf that simply falls out, while the EVOL RC2 has a spherical bearing and machined spacers. They are all interchangeable anyways, if that helps you out. I am using my RC2's with the Float 3 spacer, as the EVOLS are from a Sno Cross team running Ski Doos and they have different width spacers. Works perfect, was recommended by Fox to do it that way. Point being if you have Float 3's you already have a usable spacer.

EVOL spacer removal is done like this: http://www.ridefox.com/fox_tech_cen.../custprod/content/eyelethdwremaintenance.html

Push hard and there is no marring.
I'm not even sure if you care ... But there you go!

No the stock Cat/Yamaha 36" kit comes with "internal" shock spacers that need to be professionally installed by a shock guy. This put limits on the shock. The best way is to actually have the shocks cut down internally.
Our kit uses the stock 38" wide shocks. Not mods needed. The spherical bearing are needed for the skinz kit , and from our experience they bind.

Back