• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

16 XTX LE shock set up

InRBigness

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Viper XTX-LE w/ MPI turbo
So after many months of waiting my XTX LE came in just in time for me to take it to Colorado to meet up with many of you. Only 7 more sleeps until we leave. :)

The turbo has been installed, I have put in an Ulmer clutch, Larson Racing 4th wheel kit, HID's from Rock Toyz and a 4 Stroke Solutions Roll over valve. All went in without much hassle.

This sled comes with Fox floats with Evol's all around. My questions are this:

What would the recommended settings for:

a) both the float and the evol's in the front be?
b) Front Skid shock with evol?
c) Rear Skid shock with Evol?

I am about 250 dressed and ride 60/40 Trail. I know that they have to be fine adjusted however I am look for some valid starting pressures.

Couple rules with Evol:
Always inflate Evol first
Evol should always have about 5 psi or more pressure than main chamber. Usually much more.

For fronts I run 95 psi Evol and 60 psi main. Aggressive 145lb rider any more than that in main and suspension did not cycle enough cornering making swaybar useless. This main pressure is 5 psi less than I ran with the stock Float3. So if the guys with XTX without Evols in rear chime in it should get you close. There is also a setup thread in FAQ that should have some specs.

For your weight start at 130 in the rear. I'm about 240 on the scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been running floats for years, we will get you dialed in right when you get here. Can't wait!!

Did you guys come up with some settings on the rear suspension ?

I am running 125 in the evol chambers and about 80 in the mains. I weigh about 250 geared up and so far with what I can tell it works well. I run 120 in the evols in the front and about 70 in the mains.

I've got a 14 xtx, I know there was a thread that also said which holes were the best to have the rear suspension arms in but I can't find it.

I've got a 14 xtx, I know there was a thread that also said which holes were the best to have the rear suspension arms in but I can't find it.
14,15 XTX was the upper holes. 16 lower has been found to work better. There was geometry change.

So i should use the lower holes on my xtx le 2016

Back