• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1st time to the mountains

rla1

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder btx le
Looking for info from the more experienced.I have a 07 apex with a stage 2 mpi s/c that I'm taking to the mountains for the 1st time.Will be riding around 9000 ft.have been told I do not have to run race gas at that elevation just premium 91+,also that the sled will not run unless I cut a hole in the hood and extend the intake tube out.

how much boost are you running and do you have a head shim? And we extended all our intakes out the hood even on the stage 1 because they couldn't get enough air under the hood.

how much boost are you running and do you have a head shim? And we extended all our intakes out the hood even on the stage 1 because they couldn't get enough air under the hood.
Running 14psi boost,no head shim,10:1 low comp pistons,falicon rods,falicon crank,bosch piggy back fuel pump,gems fuel controller,a/fr wide band 02

If your riding at 9000 feet and you have low compression pistons you can get away with running straight 91 octane. It wouldn't hurt to mix a couple gallons of race gas in a tankful to be on the safe side but it isn't necessary

Would you suggest just using gems high altitude settings and tweek mode 6(altitude comp) once I am up there and leave clutch alone.with s/c I would think I would be able to keep rpm's up?

I have had mine in the mountains without cutting the hole. Have thought about but I did not want a hole in the hood. I'm sure it would be nice with better air.

Back