• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2000 SRX Electrical Problems

rxwarrior

Lifetime Member
I have a 2000 SRX that will start and idle fine (the headlight does not come on) but as you bring the revs up it dies like you shut the switch off and the lights monentarily try to come on as it dies. If you play with the throttle when it is idleing you can get it past this spot and the lights come on and it goes ahead and revs up. Any ideas where I should look? I have swapped out all of the relays with another SRX and ran the tests on the stator and am still coming up empty handed.

If I remember correctly it was .4 ohms on all three positions. We swapped out the regulator with that making no change.

2000 SRX

I HAD A SIMILAR PROB. NO LIGHTS OR GAUGES UPON START UP . DEALER SAID IT WAS THE RELAYS AND CAUSED BY MOISTURE . IF I LET IT IDLE FOR 30 SECONDS IT WOULD WARM UP AND ALL WAS FINE , THIS ONLY HAPPENED AFTER I LET IT SIT FOR A WHILE AND WENT FOR LUNCH . NEVER AT START UP FROM GARAGE AND DID NOT EFFECT THE RUNNING OF THE MOTOR.

No electric start or battery and we have unhooked the TPS with that making no difference. We have a Yamaha service manual but I do not have a scanner to copy and send it to you.

electrical problem

I would check the wires under the motor. I had a 200 srx and it had the same symtoms. The wires had chafed under the motor and were grounding out.

Thanks to everyone for the replies! I am leaving for Watersmeet for the rest of this week and will post my findings when I get back and check it out.

SRX

YES I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE WIRES UNDER THE THE MOTOR , IT IS ABOUT THE ONLY PLACE YAM DID NOT PROTECT THEM PROPERLY . YOU HAVE TO UNDO THE PLUG IN THE FRONT AND JUST PULL THEM BACK FAR ENOUGHT TO INSPECT AND THEN SLIDE A SLEEVE PROTECTOR DOWN OVER THEM. . VERY TIGHT PLACE..

I just went through my SRX. It was having the same prob along w/ the fuel gauge would not work.
Ended up being the chaffed wires under the engine. Not a prob because the engine was comming out anyway.

Back