• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2004 Warrior: upgraded to 136" mono

looking good.

been a busy year for me as well as i am still behind on the maintenece program. damn polaris project took 3 friggin months for me to finish with ordering parts, swearing at wrong parts, rebuilding parts and walking away from it before i set it on fire or used an excavator on it.sad part is i am just over 1/2 done the ones that are going to be ridden this winter for sure.

looking good.

been a busy year for me as well as i am still behind on the maintenece program. damn polaris project took 3 friggin months for me to finish with ordering parts, swearing at wrong parts, rebuilding parts and walking away from it before i set it on fire or used an excavator on it.sad part is i am just over 1/2 done the ones that are going to be ridden this winter for sure.

Hang in there you can make it!

I just gave up as no time to fix the Viper oil leak so decided to just take it to the dealer and PAY!

Well got it back and STILL LEAKS same as before took it back AGAIN to them today. Well we’ll see how this goes.

It's ALIVE! Primed the carbs and she lit instantly!

Carbs synced and she's ready to hit the snow, after a bath!

20181209_105508.jpg

Hang in there you can make it!

I just gave up as no time to fix the Viper oil leak so decided to just take it to the dealer and PAY!

Well got it back and STILL LEAKS same as before took it back AGAIN to them today. Well we’ll see how this goes.

that sucks.

well I did get 8hrs of riding on betsy after I worked all week on it to get it season prepped with replacing a complete rail at $400.00 as there are no used ones in easy reach. spent quite a bit of time clearing my lap and the air intake for the cooling fan as I ended up with snow over the windshield on the hood and almost to the bars on my lap from going under trees. suffering for it now lol as knee was not happy but got it done. always nice to help a friend and get a ride in at the same time even if we did not average more than 10mph most of the day. now I have to change the windshield as a branch got it instead of my face.

I forgot to add this to my earlier post...

I always struggle with removing / reattaching the throttle cable at the carburetors. It's hard, for me at least, to hold the throttle linkage wide open while trying to get the cable in place.

I used a flat screwdriver to open the throttle, then placed a piece of key stock under the cable guide to hold the throttle wide open. (sled not running) The front airbox rubber is what keeps key stock in place and leveraged against the throttle spring. This worked and freed-up both hands to get the throttle cable installed! ;)!

20181209_081758.jpg
20181209_081738.jpg

I did a similar mod to my Warrior this spring. I installed a 07 Attak skid in mine. I can't wait to try it out to see the difference. I also had Cannondale27 rebuild all the shocks. It should feel like a new machine now.

I’m curious to know if the front mounting hole was the same from both skids. I wanted to put the apex skid in my 03 RX1
No. The Pro Action and mono skids have different mounting locations.

Travis, at Barn of Parts, sells a mono retrofit kit to adapt a mono into your sled. That's what I bought to locate the mono into my Warrior.

Red, Nice write up and conversion build! Getting ready to change my leaky running board heat exchangers on my 2010 Apex LTX. Any advice? lots and lots of rivits! Thanks Blue

Red, Nice write up and conversion build! Getting ready to change my leaky running board heat exchangers on my 2010 Apex LTX. Any advice? lots and lots of rivits! Thanks Blue

Get a few good 3/16 drill bits, air or electric riveter and make sure the coolant is good an drained.. thats about it.. its pretty easy to follow.

Great old thread reread and loved it again!

Back