• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 RX1 Primary clutch compatibility

reeltime-brad

I need a replacement primary and need to know what years of yamaha sleds would work if all weights,rollers and the spring were replaced with my old ones. :rocks: :rocks:

Looked at part #s and the only matches are 2003 rx1 and newer unless the only digits that matter are the string of five #s in the middle?

Rx1 2003

I have the same problem...
I also need a new primary clutch for my -03 Rx1..
The inner sheave is the same as many other but the outer and spider is only rx1 and maybe apex....
Does any one know if any other primary would fit?

If you want to use yours stock RX-1 fly-weights you must use four stroke clutch since the spider is different. It have holes in it to permitt the straight profile weight to go all the way up without touching the spider. You will easily see the difference if you compare 2 stroke beside a 4 stroke clutch.
But if you use aftermarket weights with a more curvy profile like D'n'F, you could use a 2 stroke clutch. Just be sure to test if everything is ok before putting it in the sled.

Back