• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006-2007 Northeast TY Ride

In for riding Speculator (heck, C4 is right in my backyard for goodness sake).

I'll have to see what I can do about Tug Hill. Shouldn't be a problem, but we'll see.

Steve, Chowda's good with me! Hope for the snow ! and BBW to lead us around. We can ride as much as the snow lets us. We could get to Speculator if theirs snow, right? Lookin forward to ridin! SEE YA!! Honk

I booked my room at Montague Inn this morning. They only had two rooms left (after mine) as of 11am this morning. Get a room while you can!

Montague Inn-(315) 376-2078

--Steve (O.C.)

For those looking for a room close to Montague Inn, you can try the Le Hav Motel. It is about a 10 minute ride by snowmobile or car. The motel is right at the intersection of Rt 12 and Rt 177 in Lowville. They are not the highest class place but rooms are a bargain at about $40/night. They have a restaurant/bar right next door. A nice older couple owns the place. And yes, it is accessible from the trail system.

Here is the #. Le Hav Motel (315-376-2721).

--Steve (O.C.)

nyride

Steve, Merry Christmas! hope all is well. Just need some SNOW!! They claim it is coming this week! Hope so. our ride is closing in. Can't wait to get to ride with everyone again this year. Need some local snow so I can get my ride dialed in. lookin forward to seein the TYers !! HONK!!

Belated Merry Xmas to you too Mark(Honk). Hope you have a happy, healthy new year,as well. Hopefully the coming of the new year will kick the lake effect machine into action...especially considering this ride is only about 2 weeks off. If conditions don't workout on the Tug Hill...Quebec, here I come. But I will pray for snow, for snow and we can have the trip, as planned.

Montague Inn has a 5 day cancellation policy, so I will hold my breathe until then.

--Steve (O.C.)

ride

Steve, The local weather guys are claiming a change in the weather patterns around the 11th or 12th, hopefully we get something ? Looks like ya need to go to Thunder Bay before there is any snow. Does Quebec have any thing now? Talk to ya soon, Honk :Rockon:

Guys, I'm keeping my fingers crossed also for the ride next weekend, but I would think the temps need to start dropping in the next day or 2 and stay below freezing or I would think that even with snow there would be some monster water holes. I'm still up for Canada at the end of the month if they get some snow.
See ya soon!

Boomer

snow

No snow in Ontario to speek of. how bout Quebec? anybody have any good info on thee all important item!!! (SNOW) HELP US!!

Canceled my reservation at Montague

I canceled my reservation at Montague Inn today, based on their 5 day cancellation policy, which I am not happy about or this friggin weather. Possible rain into snow Monday evening into Wednesday...so there is a slight slight slight hope. But then the forecasted warmer rainy weekend puts the kaibosh on anything. Hopefully the weather turns around soon. If you are religous, PRAY for snow. If you are not religious, still PRAY for snow. It can't hurt! If you like to get your groove on, do a little snow dance. WHATEVER it takes to turn this weather around. :o|

--Steve (O.C.)

Well of course they are now getting snow, but at least the little warm up coming this weekend doesn't look too severe or too long. I'm up for planning a quick trip either mid to late next week or the week after. I definitely would prefer to do this mid to late week versus the weekend, just to hopefuly have the trails less crowded.
Anyone want to give this a try, again depending on the conditions.
All I need is a day or two notice to make my plans and drive up. :letsnow:

Back