• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Apex GT HOLY #@$!

RxThunder

Expert
Going from a stock 03 and 05 RX1 to a clutched 06 GT, I was nothing but shocked in the difference. This APex pulls insanely hard compared to the RX1's. I was in my backyard approximately 3 acres long and hit 80 before I got out of it. I am so happy I sold my 05 for this sled, I knew the apex's were an upgrade but I didn't think they would be that much different. Is it next winter yet!? :Rockon: :Rockon:

Re: apex

turbine man said:
They are great sleds, do yourself a favor never jump on a power steering sled.

As it is a 2006 I don't think he has to be concerned but why would you never jump a sled with power steering?

Re: apex

Sasquatch said:
turbine man said:
They are great sleds, do yourself a favor never jump on a power steering sled.

As it is a 2006 I don't think he has to be concerned but why would you never jump a sled with power steering?

I think he meant don't try one out or you will want to buy it.

Stock RX 1 vs Tuned RX 1 vs Apex

I have a well tuned 05 RX1, I have a friend that bought a 05 RX1 that is bone stock with low miles and another friend with a 2013 Apex XTX.

My sled compared to the stock RX1 is not even close. My throttle response and torque is way better and walks the stock RX1 bad. The guy with the stock RX1 took my sled up north last weekend and said he will never be happy on his sled stock again. We have parts ordered.

The 13 Apex is starting to loosen up and is now pulling 10600rpms. It is a real runner for a stock sled. I am studded and he is not. Last week we did a long pull on a plowed road, not ice hard and maybe 1 inch of loose snow.

I pulled about 2 sleds out of the hole on him. I have mirrors and could see him all the way. We probably run close to a mile. He said he closed in about a sled in that distance and showed 117mph on his speedo. I have two teeth ground off my speed sensor gear so I only showed 108mph.

When we race in a field with deep snow it is a different story. The XTX jumps out on my 2-3 sleds and stays there. I have too much transfer and not enough track.

I have only run two other Apexs, both older and i believe stock and my sled walked away from them easy.

I am thinking about upgrading to a Apex and can not afford a 11-13 model. My main concern is that I will loose performance and have to put a lot of money into one to get it to run like my RX1.

New ODO Reading

Does anybody know how close the new ODO are on top end?

Top speed

Most of the stock turbo cat guys are having a hard time running these speeds, although I think they get there faster.

apex

we run with a 2013 long track turbo cat, he eats us up in anything but ideal conds. On hard pack ice covered rd. he catchs me in midrange passes me by a little, then we hold hands the next 5/600 ft.and then I can just get by him after that. He has said he saw 120/121 on his cat speedo. Its got over 2000 miles on it and the same belt. Not to many cat guys can say that.

Back