• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 apex wont start

touched

Pro
Went for a ride and shut it off for about an hour and wouldn't start. Last few times I started it it cranked over a bunch before it started. It doesn't show any codes and I havnt checked for spark yet. When I crank it over the engine light and the yellow caution light flash twice then pause, twice then pause and so on. Any checks I can do before I tear into it? It doesn't even fire right now.

Yea. The fuel pump comes on when I turn the ignition on. Are the lights flashing a normal thing? I've never noticed it before but it usually starts right up so I never really paid any attention.

Thanks. I'm gonna put plugs in it tonight. It just seems wierd that it would be the plugs because it doesn't even fire. This is the first four stroke I have owned . I bought it with 6000 miles and now it has 10000 and I never put plugs in it. So I hope that is it.

I suspect it is your stator. just a hunch i would get the numbers and check it with a multi meter also may be bad ground blocks. both seem to rear their ulgy heads around your milliage when they do .

ground blocks

Had the same thing happen to me. No codes but would crank. Check the ground block by the clutch on the main wiring harness. There are multiple posts about this on this site. Good luck.

Batteries good. Ground blocks OK. New plugs. Still no spark. Checking the stator tomorrow. If the ground blocks seem OK should I leave them alone or would you solder them now?

Stator , I'd be willing to bet a coffee on it. When they are on there way out the sled will turn a while before it start and then sounds like it got a miss in it for a minute. At least mine did, starte hard all day then finally quit and had to send the Girls to get the trailer. Ruff day.

Back