• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 VKPro Ratcheting

Jack_Shaft

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Hoping somebody is alive here this Spring :)

My 2006 VKPro is starting to ratchet under heavy load, i.e. pulling my big drag. I increased track tension and it still ratchets, I am now wondering if the driveaxle brg may be on the way out. Has anybody encountered this on their machine?

have not had it happen to a vk yet but have had the drive axle break inside one of the drive cogs on a sx500r and the phazer rtx/x in my signature. they where doing similar things before they failed.

have not had it happen to a vk yet but have had the drive axle break inside one of the drive cogs on a sx500r and the phazer rtx/x in my signature. they where doing similar things before they failed.

Thanks for the reply, I was expecting only my own voice to echo from the back of the cave LOL

The VKPro has had a tendency to ratchet under heavy load in the past (that engine is very powerful) but my issue came on "all of a sudden" after two years of grooming, which is why I am suspecting something is amiss, either the front torque arm, drive axle brg or rear axle tension problem/broken part. I'll get it in the bay for a look before too long to see if I can pinpoint anything but those will be my first three targets.

My 2006 VKPro is starting to ratchet under heavy load, i.e. pulling my big drag. I increased track tension and it still ratchets, I am now wondering if the driveaxle brg may be on the way out. Has anybody encountered this on their machine?
I’d start with track tension and check your cogs

Back