• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Phazer Mountain Lite: Shocks

Yellowknife

TY 4 Stroke Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Well the stock shocks are dieing a fast death after 9000 km's and 3 seasons on them.

I'd like to upgrade all 4 shocks. Did some searching here, found the following:

Ohlins:

centershock:
Part no: YA 721
Type: S36D
Length: 332mm
Stroke: 92,5mm

Rear:
Part no: YA 722
Type: S36PC1W
Length: 447mm
Stroke: 145,5mm

GYTR?

Fox Floats:

8GN-F376A-A0-00 Shock $340 each

8GT-F3703-00-00 pump $50

or same FoxFloat that fit the Apex Mtn

Looking for any additional suggestions. Would love 4 rebuildables with compression/rebound adjustment and Canadian Yamaha part numbers for them, just being able to bolt them on without any modifications. Might be dreaming. Assist if you can...

YK

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 750
Allan, like I told you, Ski-Doo REV SC 4 rear shocks fit the Mountain Lite skid (438 mm long). We have put to big 46 mm KYB shocks to RS Vector mountains here. nice adjustable (compression high-low speed clikers) and durable shocks.

Some of you might know the WP shocks. Here is a PDF link to our distributor here. Theese shocks have some nice features and they last long and can take some serious abuse.

2lay6w7.jpg

282nh90.jpg

f7y9i.jpg

2nh01th.jpg

http://www.totaltek.fi/pdf/Snowmobile%2 ... 20list.pdf

My dealer told me that EURO spec rebuildable Yamaha rear shock to Mountain Lite is listed 360€ (542.88 USD / 570.46 CAN).

Ike

Hey Ike, thanks for all your help - here's where i'm stuck, at my BRP dealer I told them I need a rear track shock out of an SC 4 rear suspension that measures 437mm. You reference one above at 438mm which is perfect.

The BRP dealer here doesn't have specs on shocks and says BRP don't have any either. So they want to know what model and year of ski-doo sled has the shock I want, and I'm not sure - do you know what I should be telling them? The problem is they have no way of confirming for me that the shock I order is the length I need, no specs.

What i'm afraid of is telling them to order me a shock out of a certain year and model of sled and then it doesn't fit and i'm out $600. So I want to be 100% sure on the shock and model/year of sled it comes from. It will be a special order.

Thanks for all your help and leg work.
Allan

Local Doo dealer said theese are the part numbers 600 sdi and 800 X year ´05 rear shocks:

North america part number for the Doo shock

euro spec part number for the Doo shock

I hope I would be 100% sure about the fit for Mountain Lite, but it was from ´05 800 X shock what we did fit on to my friends RS Mountain.

Ike

Ike, would you believe they have the shock you quoted above in stock here?

The measurement is 444mm and my current shock is 437mm. They want $800 for it CDN. It does have the clickers. I'm waiting to hear back from them on whether I can return it for refund if I can't get the damn thing into the skid.

I also looked up the Ohlins North America chart and there's no listing for my sled. Somone else had mentioned to try Ohlins because is Sweden they list it for my machine. Again, I don't have the time for the shipping though.

Thanks for all your help Ike, i'll let you know what happens with the doo shock.

No problem Yellowknife man. I hope you get your skid working ok and be on your adventure.

I enjoy reading your mileage log. Some really funny stuff there with your friends. Like my brother says " no dull sled ride if you atleast have one Cat rider with you" LOL

How is your Nytro? Still alive?

Ike

Hey Yellowknife, royal Distributing has an online catalog that might help you, it has all the compressed and extended dimensions listed and the different applications of each shock on another page. Hope this helps.

I was looking at the catalogue online and it was malfunctioning. I tried again, but no listings for Mountain Lite, there's a gas shock that is the right length, but I'll have to measure the eye opening for bolt size.

Carver has Fox Zero Pros for less than half that price. I believe they will valve to your spec when you order them as well. That was my plan this year.

I checked out Carver - They're telling me to use the same shocks they supply for the Phazer short tracks, they said they think they will fit, but nobody has tried it.

So I went to do some more measurements tonight and took the rear shock out...funny, the rear shock looks fine, good pressure...so I dig around some more, and found the real problem...

Bracket Number 2 below (#27) is what is busted! I couldn't see it until I removed the skid tonight!

Attachments

• 18148_tracksuspension2.gif
    18148_tracksuspension2.gif
    39.3 KB · Views: 251
That no good, as for the shorty shocks, I did a buck of research and found that the measurements are the same, so given that they should work. But as you state I don't think anyone has actually done it.

That suspension part is confirmed to have been updated to a strong piece. I had a look at the part in a 2010 Phazer MTX. It was breaking on 2007 Phazer's...i'm surprised it took mine this long to bust.

Back