• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 RS Venture random questions. 2-up backrest, dooly's, scratchers?

PhilTickelson

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 RS Venture
Hello!

I recently bought my very first snowmobile and I'm trying to get acquainted with everything. Took it out last weekend with a buddy and we put on 160 miles driving around from Rice Lake up to Hayward and back. What a blast!
I mainly bought the sled for ice fishing however, and I'll be going up to Canada in a couple weeks, super pumped. I'll have a friend on the back and be pulling a portable ice house behind us. The guy I bought the sled from didn't have the 2-up back rest on it however, and I'd like to get one(or something that will work) so my buddy has some stability back there.

Tough to find the buggers though, I'm not going to pay $600 from partzilla or yamaha. I'm trying to figure out how the backrest mounts on the back. I've found two potential back rests on ebay, can anyone confirm whether these will work? I'm more confident that the first one is the right one, cause it has that bracket sticking out the back that looks like I can just bolt on to the matching mount/bracket thing that's on my sled. Second one obviously is in much better shape though.

That's the main thing I'm trying to figure out. Other than that I am planning on picking some of these dooly's up as my sled darts a fair bit on the trail, thinking these:

And I found some Ski-doo scratchers on FB marketplace for cheap that I might pick up and bring up north just in case there isn't much snow on the lake. If I bring my drill and some basic tools, is it easy enough to mount those things back at the cabin in the evening if needed? I don't need anything special to do that right?

Really appreciate all the help. I've already learned a ton from browsing the forum here and so many of my initial questions were answered from past threads by you all!

Back