• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Nytro XTX - no headlight issue, solved!

Jcunning2

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX
Hi everyone,

First post, wanted to shout out to all the great minds on the site as it helped me troubleshoot a new to me 09 Nytro XTX that didn't have a headlight when I got it.

I researched this site looking for info to help my task, and found a lot of places to start looking for issues. I had tail/brake light, but no headlight. Started probing voltages around the sled, and found inconsistent voltage on the blue/white wire at the hi/low relay plug (9-13V when running). I had 14V+ at the blue/white going to the headlight switch on the bars.

Long story short, the issue was harness chafing/burning behind the primary. The blue/white wire was basically cut, and must have been arcing to give me some voltage at the hi/low relay plug. I got lucky that it was the blue/white wire and not something else. Attached is a pic of the area after soldering the blue/white and a brown/black that was half cut. Everything is back together and is now properly restrained so this won't ever happen again. This was a frustrating gremlin to chase, but I now feel like the know the sled really well, and I've only had it for a week!

Anyway, thanks again to all (especially Grizz, referenced your posts a lot!).

Now we just need some snow and cold so the trails open again.

Jim

Attachments

• 20240128_110204.jpg
    20240128_110204.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 42

Back