• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 XTX - alignment after steering relocate

Jcunning2

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX
Good morning all,

I installed a CR Racing forward steering mount on my XTX last night, and now when my handlebars are straight the skis are pointing significantly to the right. Alignment was proper prior to installing the kit. Would this be due to the geometry of the steering post changing? I'm wondering if I need to adjust the tie rod that goes from tool kit down under engine......it looks like an awful spot to access.

The tie rods on my skis are equal as far as threads showing beyond jamb nuts, which is less than 1/4" of thread. I don't think I can re-align the skis to be straight with the bars using the tie rods, as I can't get enough out of the left ski (at least I don't think).

Has anyone encountered this after relocating the steering post (using any of the kits)? I don't see how I could have done something wrong, as the kit is a straight forward installation.

Having bars and skis that don't align will make me crazy.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Back