• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Yamaha

sk-rx1

TY 4 Stroke Guru
I am told that the 2009 models will be in Albany, NY tonight, thursday the 12th at the Holiday Inn on Wolf Rd. Open to the public 4-9. No idea why it isn't on the website???

Because it makes sense that if they have a pulicized scheduled event and don't show up (Minneapolis) they would have a non-publicized gala event and show up (Albany, NY).

I guess it's worth keeping our 2006 Apex GT and 2007 Apex RTX, since they really didn't change anything.
Here's the conclusion that I've come up with:
When Yamaha comes out with an entirely new model, somehow, somewhere, somone manages to get a sneak peak out there for all of us to see.
But when Yamaha has a line up that is virtually unchanged from the previous year, they manage to keep everything top secret until the release date.
Maybe, Next Year!

sk-rx1 said:
I am told that the 2009 models will be in Albany, NY tonight, thursday the 12th at the Holiday Inn on Wolf Rd. Open to the public 4-9. No idea why it isn't on the website???

Thats how they are having so many showings this weekend of the 09's they a lot of leftover 08's to re-unveil.

Yamadog said:
sk-rx1 said:

Thats how they are having so many showings this weekend of the 09's they a lot of leftover 08's to re-unveil.

Could be, but I am sure other mfg's do too. You are in Minnesota, look at the lousy winter we had again. Low 20's for inch totals in the metro. Only the extreme corners of the state had a good winter. Between the economy, gas prices, people out of work,low snow totals and the high prices of new sleds........I can somewhat understand the mfg's logic of BNG even if we don't like it.

sk-rx1 said:

If you want to see them now, just go to your dealer and imagine all the leftover '07 and '08 sleds with different colors and stickers. That will pretty much do it.

qcrider.............you got it right ,why would i buy an 09 when the 07 has all the same stuff,strip the decals and order a set of urban camo graffics from the graffics guys and you have a one of a kind,im am so dissappointed it isnt even funny but i bet all the dealers that travelled all that way to see the big release are more dissappointed than i am,dont get me wrong,i love my 06rtx but 3 years later its time to upgrade and nothing to upgrade to except a machine with 0 miles,on the bright siede of things i dont have to hurry and make my mind up on my spring order sled cause there wont be one this year,my kid will be upset cause he was hoping for an 06rtx hand-me-down to come his way,oh well

Back