• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 apex handwarmers wont adjsut

viperaddict

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2003 viper w/monoshock and simmons skis
2011 apex SE
My father in laws apex handwarmer switch has seemed to fail. The grips still warm but the rocker switch wont adjust them. Anyone had this happen before? Wondering where to start. We did check for corrosion and the connector and it seems fine. Thanks!

Replace the rocker switch.

or you could take apart the handwarmer switch and clean the contacts. had to do that before on my toys.

or you could take apart the handwarmer switch and clean the contacts. had to do that before on my toys.
Ditto. Did that on my RS GT. Parts inside are small though but doable. Get a can of DeoxIT. expensive but works a treat.

Mooseman, is this the stuff you're talking about; can on the right? I've always used the stuff on the left but the reviews on this DeoxIT are pretty good:

ElecClean.JPG

Yep, that's the one.

Anyone have a how-to on disassembling the switches? On my 2013 Apex
I have one that I have to press hard to lower the handwarmers. Thinking it just needs to be cleaned.

Yep, same thing as me. It's pretty evident how it comes apart however just be careful not to drop the little metal contacts and do it over a table. They are small.

Ditto 2 on cleaning the switch contacts. Did it on my Vector a long time ago. What you use is less important than the cleaning itself. Be sure to rub the contacts with a q-tip or micro fiber and not just spray them. Isopropyl is fine for this too.

Mine stick a little. Meaning sometimes they don’t increment. Then they do. I would replace or clean switch when they stop working. For me my Motec controls them in the software, and I find that one setting generally works so I may not even need my switches lol

Thanks guys, I'll take apart and clean them up!

I thought my left switch was bad last season on my 2012 and was ready to replace and it ended up being a bad stator. Once the stator starts to go, the handwarmer switches do crazy things, not enough voltage and start to jump around. On another sled (Vector), cleaning them never worked, just replace the whole switch.

I thought my left switch was bad last season on my 2012 and was ready to replace and it ended up being a bad stator. Once the stator starts to go, the handwarmer switches do crazy things, not enough voltage and start to jump around. On another sled (Vector), cleaning them never worked, just replace the whole switch.
Good info, thanks

Back