• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Apex SE rear skid torque specs

I've just pulled the rear skid out and serviced and/or replaced all bearings and painted all metal parts. I wanted to add the 4th wheel kit but no dealer within 100ks has one in stock and Yamaha Can. says back-ordered till next fall. Almost $50 (incl. tax) for a "wheel changing tool"? I just use a scrap piece of 1/2" dowel. Any tips on getting the skid back in without damaging the bushings on the rivets? What are the front and rear mounting shaft torque specs and do you use removeable or permanent Loctite?

I just put my skid back in the other night. The bolts 35 ft-lb, blue locktite, fronts have self locking nuts so I didn't use any locktite, but you can if you wish.

I have my sled on a lift, once I have the skid inside the track, I just use pieces of 2x4 to prop up the front arm, start lowering the lift and then use a pry bar & block to lift the front of the skid to locate the bolts, just insert a screw driver in one side to hold the front arm and insert the bolt into the other side. Some guys use a floor jack to jack up the front of the skid to get into place.

The rears I used ratchet straps to compress the suspension to locate the rear bolts.

It's always a struggle, but this year I had my young lady help and it went so much easier.

Have fun, I'm always glad when that job is behind me.

i made my own 4th wheel kit on my SRX. pretty simple to do. i used the tube from the other side to cut some away from the side with no wheel and then cut the thickness of the new wheel from the piece that is left. it's that easy. i'm planning on doing the same thing to my XTX. i just bought a plain black wheel from Royal ;)!

JMO but i've never used loctite on my suspension mounting bolts and i've never had any ever come loose. makes it a lot easier the next time you need to remove it other wise your stuggling getting the bolts out, it's a PITA

taking your transfer rod out will make the skid go back in a lot easier

Back