• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Yamaha vector gt rear shock

4stroker98

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Apex
The rear mono shock on my wife’s vector gt is shot. Push down on the sled and it doesn’t come back up. The tunnel adjuster and cable to the shock are both broke. Is there a replacement shock I can buy and swap out using the same spring? I read on here that they can be rebuilt but I’m not sure of anywhere around me that does that and I don’t want the snowmobile dead in the water till I get it back since the season just started here in southern Ontario.

Thanks

The rear mono shock on my wife’s vector gt is shot. Push down on the sled and it doesn’t come back up. The tunnel adjuster and cable to the shock are both broke. Is there a replacement shock I can buy and swap out using the same spring? I read on here that they can be rebuilt but I’m not sure of anywhere around me that does that and I don’t want the snowmobile dead in the water till I get it back since the season just started here in southern Ontario.

Thanks
Eka shocks in Canada has a nice replacement shock which is much better

The Elka shock is not better, it’s a 36mm IFP shock with a rebound clicker vs the stock KYB 46mm IFP shock with rebound clicker. I know which I’d rather have in my sled.
Peak Velocity in Claremont Ontario has pretty quick turn around times on rebuilds and can get that shock fixed up no problem. When you re-install it flip the shock 180* and use a stubby green Robertson screw driver to adjust the clicker, forget that stupid cable setup.

I am located around Finch Ontario which is south of ottawa. Does anyone know of a place around there? If not I will call peak volocity on Monday to figure out the shipping and cost. In the meantime I will look at the Elka shocks .

i have used shock tec here in ontario for sled shocks and my wr.

Accelerated Technologies in Buckhorn Ontario are great people and are both an ELKA shock dealer and service center, but are great people to deal with

Back