• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Apex xtx third wheel set

Apex XTX wheel kit. Any suggestions ?

• Apex XTX wheel kit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apex XTX wheel kit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
With the third wheel set on the suspension,I feel should have been equipped from the factory due to the span between wheels,I would be more assured to less resistance and wear longer slide life with the kit.Currently my sled has stock slides on it although I did purchase a set of Duponts for the next round.Overall you mentioned you have the Pioneer kit,have you noticed a improvement with slide life with the kit,or ay other beneficial factors so to speak.I reviewed the Excell wheel kit and am leaning more towards his set up with complete wheel set up and centers,any give or take on that kit ????? Whats your thoughts about them ????
I would say I'm getting a lot more slide life with the wheel kit. I went with the pioneer kit just so I could use yamaha wheels. If you do the excell I would get a spare wheel or two. When you're on a trip you can't get an excell wheel at the dealer .

I would say I'm getting a lot more slide life with the wheel kit. I went with the pioneer kit just so I could use yamaha wheels. If you do the excell I would get a spare wheel or two. When you're on a trip you can't get an excell wheel at the dealer .
Have you noticed any torsional twist with your slide rails from the increase in wheel ride height pressure at all ?

With the third wheel set on the suspension,I feel should have been equipped from the factory due to the span between wheels,I would be more assured to less resistance and wear longer slide life with the kit.Currently my sled has stock slides on it although I did purchase a set of Duponts for the next round.Overall you mentioned you have the Pioneer kit,have you noticed a improvement with slide life with the kit,or ay other beneficial factors so to speak.I reviewed the Excell wheel kit and am leaning more towards his set up with complete wheel set up and centers,any give or take on that kit ????? Whats your thoughts about them ????
I have had longer slide life with the pioneer wheel kit. It did come with 2 additional wheels and blocks. I'm sure the excell kit does the same thing. I would get an extra wheel or two. If you're on a trip, you can't get a excell wheel at the dealer.

Have you noticed any torsional twist with your slide rails from the increase in wheel ride height pressure at all ?
No, but some people are concerned about it. I think it's just like 3 mm.

Hi,guys,I recently purchased a new leftover 2012 Apex XTX.I was recommended to add a third wheel set to the skid as well as putting on Dupont slides as is is known to chew up slides.I do not care for the Yamaha marginal snow wheel kit I have researched and Pioneer performance has a decent combo although he seems a bit to pricey for what he offers for his kit.Any other suggestions anyone has or ideas would be great.
I put 5500 miles on my excell wheels with graphite slides. Time to replace some wheels now. Going to try duponts because I had a set laying around. Spend the money on the star suspension kit best ever for the xtx!!!!!!!!!

I put 5500 miles on my excell wheels with graphite slides. Time to replace some wheels now. Going to try duponts because I had a set laying around. Spend the money on the star suspension kit best ever for the xtx!!!!!!!!!
I did the Schmidt Bros. I am getting 5000 miles or more with stock slides. Won't go wrong dealing with Chris.

Well, I put a crap load of miles on my dup's last year and didn't have to add or replace any wheels. And when the smell of melting plastic was in the forecast!!!! I knew it wasn't from my skid. Dupont's = less wheels...

Back