• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 apex xtx upgrade recommendations things to watch for?

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder STX-DX 2017
Apex XTX 2012
I justt picked up a XTX figured I would post to the knowledge base for upgrade recommendations and things to to watch for. Thanks in advance .

Tuners skis and studs.

Watch out because everybody will want to ride your sled.

Aggressive Snotrackers on stock ski's [2010 stock ski's preferable] & Star suspension kit.

Good to go.

service the shocks with a custom valve job and put a set of skis you like on it as the stockers where adequate but there are better options if you want skis.

I justt picked up a XTX figured I would post to the knowledge base for upgrade recommendations and things to to watch for. Thanks in advance .
Make sure it has the DuPont hyfax. An oversized wheel kit might be a good idea. The stock set up with stock hyfax wear down in a weekend.

#1 snowtrackers #2 riser #3 WRP seat #4 X-wheels they make stock hyfax last for thousands of miles. #4 heavier springs with 4 passion adjusters. I am in the process of going thru my 2012 right now to get it ready for resale. I have 8700 miles on this machine and finally got it perfect so I bought a sidewinder. lol why well I guess because I can. If you want some of the upgrades off mine I will be removing some of them and selling them outright pm me if interested.

star kit and have robert revalve
my wife wouldnt even ride my 2014 xtx now cant get her off it
so i bought a 2012 xtx and havent even rode it and i put the star kit on
this skid stock is the worst rear suspension i have ever rode

if you weigh more then 225 lbs the stock rear skid can be set up for you perfectly if not star kit is loved by many. I am 270 with out gear I set the rebound on the rear shock to get rid of the pogo stick and went with heavier springs now I can ride a passenger too.

I agree, I am 240 without gear and have not touched the stock suspension. So if you are in our weight class, you may be able to get by.

HID headlights, and aggressive carbide. EPS allows you to set it up to rail. I put in a 1.6" Ice Cobra last year and realized how much track spin I was getting stock. As it launches now, and my mileage is closer to the other guys in the group. We joked about track spin, now I know it was partially true.

Now that I am not as afraid of off-trail, I put in my pivot riser that I had, and it is truly fun off trail. The taller seat may be next.

Good luck and enjoy!

Attachments

• 20170204_160936 (1).jpg
    20170204_160936 (1).jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 153
#1 snowtrackers #2 riser #3 WRP seat #4 X-wheels they make stock hyfax last for thousands of miles. #4 heavier springs with 4 passion adjusters. I am in the process of going thru my 2012 right now to get it ready for resale. I have 8700 miles on this machine and finally got it perfect so I bought a sidewinder. lol why well I guess because I can. If you want some of the upgrades off mine I will be removing some of them and selling them outright pm me if interested.
Hi Thor,
I rode the Apex. Are your extras still for sale ? I have snow trackers on order. Need riser definitely and considering the seat too. What riser do you recommend?

Back