• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 nytro axle on a 2008 nytro?

Kine

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Nytro MTX
2016 Yamaha Viper MTX
Hi everyone, new to the forum and the sport!

I recently got myself a 2008 Nytro MTX 162 and I am in the process of learning how to ride and also how to work on my sled.
The current track on it is pretty shot so I picked up a used Powerclaw track. Anyway, got the whole thing ripped apart only to discover that the set of drivers I picked up to go with the new track must have been off a newer Nytro as the axle shaft is about 5/8 longer then the drivers that came off with the old track. Anyone got any experience with this? Can I cut the newer style driveshaft off to fit in the chain case?

Does your mtx have reverse? The non reverse models had a shorter driveshaft.

Yes, it does have reverse. It came with aftermarket drivers (white ones) and a 163x16 track with a 2.86 pitch. The "new" drivers I have are 3 inch pitch and looks to be the 2012 version. Is it possible to use this longer axle with my current chain case and setup or would I need to add spacers or cut the shaft down?

Just get the different end piece as it is different as well. If you use the 2012 end piece along with the 2012 shaft you have it will all work. Don't cut the shaft. Get the bolt also.
Number 72 in this picture.

Back