• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 RS Vector LTX stock track one or two ply?

Motorhead

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 SW LTX-LE
Have a Camoplast 8FG-47110-20 on the above mentioned sled. It is the original 1.25” lug track on this 136” track.

Is it a one ply or two ply?
Need to know before I stud my wife’s new used sled with only 2025 miles on it!

Attachments

• E5A264B8-F91F-44DA-BAB7-A4BE59969686.jpeg
    E5A264B8-F91F-44DA-BAB7-A4BE59969686.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 89

Just look at the edge of the track and see if there are two layers of cords or one.

Just look at the edge of the track and see if there are two layers of cords or one.
Yeah that’s tough to do. Both my Winder with stock Rip II track and this one look like single ply, and I know one the Winder is a two ply, so wondering what they put stock on this Vector.

I shall compare again, but whereas I keep the tracks edges from fraying with a little heat now and then, they look the same.

Snowgoer older article says they put a Rip II on the 2012 Nytro, but just says Ripsaw for the LTX Vector.

Just on the Woodys Traction site, and after adding sled info it states the size and length, and says Track 2 Ply.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Have a Camoplast 8FG-47110-20 on the above mentioned sled. It is the original 1.25” lug track on this 136” track.

Is it a one ply or two ply?
Need to know before I stud my wife’s new used sled with only 2025 miles on it!
Got a 2015 Vector LTX that we bought new & now it has only 1600 miles on it

Snowgoer older article says they put a Rip II on the 2012 Nytro, but just says Ripsaw for the LTX Vector.

Just on the Woodys Traction site, and after adding sled info it states the size and length, and says Track 2 Ply.

Thanks for the replies guys!
Woodys can be wrong. Best call Camoplast and they'll tell you by the numbers off the track. Woody's said mine was 2 ply. It's 1 ply as they checked for me. The head engineer at Camoplast checked also as I questioned the answer from his help. Also looking at the side doesn't always show it as they will tell you. Oh by the way mine is a 1.25 Ripsaw OEM on a 2016 Vector XTX 146 in track.

Woodys can be wrong. Best call Camoplast and they'll tell you by the numbers off the track. Woody's said mine was 2 ply. It's 1 ply as they checked for me. The head engineer at Camoplast checked also as I questioned the answer from his help. Also looking at the side doesn't always show it as they will tell you. Oh by the way mine is a 1.25 Ripsaw OEM on a 2016 Vector XTX 146 in track.
Yes I have done that before. I remember emails and messages did not get my answer! Once I finally got through they were able to look it up!

That track number that I listed is a Yamaha number! I will take a pic of the other number on the track and see if I can get through to them.

Really wish they would list the ply number on their tracks to make it easy!!

Yes I have done that before. I remember emails and messages did not get my answer! Once I finally got through they were able to look it up!

That track number that I listed is a Yamaha number! I will take a pic of the other number on the track and see if I can get through to them.

Really wish they would list the ply number on their tracks to make it easy!!

there should be a number for them. Mine was from yamaha oem and I had no trouble with getting info. But LTX Ripsaw were 2 ply on the 136in tracks. I didn a few of them the latest my wifes 2013 Vector LTX . Used Woody's 1.26 Gold Digger's I believe. Best one they had in 1.25. Also you will have to add some protection over the rear cooler or they will hit that.

there should be a number for them. Mine was from yamaha oem and I had no trouble with getting info. But LTX Ripsaw were 2 ply on the 136in tracks. I didn a few of them the latest my wifes 2013 Vector LTX . Used Woody's 1.26 Gold Digger's I believe. Best one they had in 1.25. Also you will have to add some protection over the rear cooler or they will hit that.
The track is a 1.25” lug, so I shall go with the 1.325” Woodys Goldiggers with double backers for a 108 template. Unless of course the track is a 1 ply, then it would be the Grand Masters.

Thanks for the tip on rear cooler protection.
What did you use, over the existing protectors?

The track is a 1.25” lug, so I shall go with the 1.325” Woodys Goldiggers with double backers for a 108 template. Unless of course the track is a 1 ply, then it would be the Grand Masters.

Thanks for the tip on rear cooler protection.
What did you use, over the existing protectors?
Sorry.. been a while but your right. It's a 1.325 stud. That is what Woody's recommended. We've put over 25,000 miles on 3 different 136in track Yamai LTX's with those studs and never had an issue. Used their recommened pattern as well. And in NH we have hard conditions for riding often.

Check this sites sticky's for rear cooler protector installation and issues. Also search the fourm. You'll see it's 100 % needed and not a big job to do on these 136 in machines.

Sorry.. been a while but your right. It's a 1.325 stud. That is what Woody's recommended. We've put over 25,000 miles on 3 different 136in track Yamai LTX's with those studs and never had an issue. Used their recommened pattern as well. And in NH we have hard conditions for riding often.

Check this sites sticky's for rear cooler protector installation and issues. Also search the fourm. You'll see it's 100 % needed and not a big job to do on these 136 in machines.
Thanks Capt, I have used the search tool and got the info for rear cooler protecting needed, even with the 2012!
Shall add some hyfax to them. I like the idea of shaping the hyfax to snap over the existing protectors!

We shall see once I start on it!

Thanks Capt, I have used the search tool and got the info for rear cooler protecting needed, even with the 2012!
Shall add some hyfax to them. I like the idea of shaping the hyfax to snap over the existing protectors!

We shall see once I start on it!

From what others did over the years it seems you need 1 1/4 in from the fins. A hyfax might just be enough. Back on my 3 Attaks I had to install the cooler and add alot of protection to get the 1 1/2 in I wanted. The newer oem installed cooler has protection but from the fin it isn't 1 1/4 in If I remember so a hyfax on top does that.

Called local Yamaha dealer to ask that question. Is it one or two ply?

Service manager said, I shall have to check some stuff with Yamaha for that answer, so I will call you back!

After checking for me, the answer was, 99% sure that they came from the factory with 2 ply ripsaw!

While studding the track it was noticed that one can see the 2 ply in the track windows!

Attachments

• 6B8A534C-6B8F-40DB-99DA-9216F2A18A55.jpeg
    6B8A534C-6B8F-40DB-99DA-9216F2A18A55.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 83

Back