• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 rs venture clutch and/or gearing

shawnburt66

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2012 rs Venture
Looking for recommendations about clutch and/or gearing for pulling loads with my 2012 rs venture gt {I am assuming it is a gt model because it doesn't have an articulated suspension and is 144" track length}. I haven't tried pulling a load yet but can smell rubber sometimes when trying to ease it out of a hard spot.

The more you gear it down, the easier it will be on the primary sheaves and belt.
You'll just give up top speed.
If you have a belt drive UTV or ATV, it's like comparing high range to low range.

I get that burning belt too as the clutching is made to try and grab at lower RPM for comfort compared to other models. You certainly could change the gearing by replacing the chaincase gears for lower gearing, like @74Nitro said, at the expense of top speed and possibly some fuel efficiency if just trail riding. I wouldn't change the clutching to engage at higher RPM as then you would get that jerky, all of a sudden, takeoff that others usually suffer from. I'd just gear it down.
{I am assuming it is a gt model because it doesn't have an articulated suspension and is 144" track length}.
Depends on what difference you are looking at.

RS Venture: Carbs, lower front fascia and ride height, non-movable seat back, 144" track

RS Venture GT: Fuel Injected, higher front fascia and ride height, movable seat back, 144" track

RS Venture TF: Fuel Injected, higher front fascia and ride height, movable seat back, 153" track with articulated rear skid for backing up.

i would clutch it as ventures are clutched for comfort on the trail and not sleigh pulling, even empty.

brother blew the belt on his 13 rs venture gt pulling an empty sleigh on a broken trail helping me get them in position for a weekends work on stock clutching. they do not grab the belt as hard as the performance sleds as i was pulling a worse sleigh with my apex xtx in front of him with no issues. we clutched it agressively and the belt blowing issues went away and the fun factor went up as it would hoist the nose in powder with the clutching. before it would not lift the skis at all.

talk to the guys at thunder products or try the clutching for a vector xtx in your sled before trying gearing.

It does get expensive for gearing, and also for clutching. A lower engagement spring in the primary can help, and is available from your dealer without much cost.
I don't know how much towing you're planning on, but the lower your gearing the higher up in the primary your belt will be at lower speeds.
How many miles on your machine?

Add 14.5mm rollers to the primary spring upgrade @74Nitro mentioned while you’re at it, they grab the belt WAY better down low than the big #*$&@ rollers Yammy seems to slap in the three holers.

my machine has aprox. 3400 kms. So after looking at my suspension it does have a flip up rail, not how that works as for spring load. Not a whole lot of info in manual.
So I guess it would be a rs venture tf. Just bought this machine recently I apologize for my ignorance lol. Might look into primary spring upgrade to start with and see how that works.

Back