• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 switchback assault or 2009 nytro xtx supercharged???

Hi guys,

I haven't been on here in a bit since I bought my 2012 assault 800. I really like the sled after coming off a warrior and a phazer but I'm not digging the lack of mpg and adding oil. So I've been looking at trading it for an xtx and found one with a supercharger on it. Any ideas on how a super charged nytro would do off trail? Also wondering how the charger might affect mpg and reliability? I'm pretty interested in trading it even though it's not as nimble, light or responsive as my assault. I'm also planning a trip out west and think the nytro would be better for reliable exploring even though it won't float as good. Sooo I'm looking for thoughs and opinions for guys who have rode both and what they prefer and why. I would love to back on blue as well!!!!!!

Thanks

I too am on a assault. I'm coming from a nytro xtx. I can't see myself going back just due to the weight factor regardless of HP sauce.

Yammy makes a good sled and i enjoyed the throtle response but it lakcked the off trail prowess I desired.

Long story short, keep the assault.

You can make the xtx into a pretty good off trail sled just will take some money......skinz 39" front end ect.

The assault is made to do what you want don't have to put much money if any into it ...works right out of the box ;)! I would say give the Polaris more time

I would stick with the switchback.They are an awesome sled.The nytro with a skiinx front end and float skid still dosen't handle as good as a pro chasis.

Back