• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 nytro a arms on a 2009

poor farmer/logger

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 SR Viper XTX 2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX
Well my rebuild took a turn for the worse this morning again. Went to press out the lower ball joint on the left had side and the snap ring groove decided it wanted to go with.( yes the snap ring was removed lol) a friend of mine has a set from a 2013 nytro xtx and was just wondering if anyone knows what the differences were. Part number changed in 2013 so it made me wonder a bit. New a arm from Yamaha is 570 bucks so that is kind of out for now. I’d go to a mountaintech kit before I spent that much I think. Icing on the cake is the aftermarket ball joints I ordered don’t fit. They’re about .004” smaller then the ones I took out. I can press them in with my fingertips.

BD161A99-4C87-45CC-86FC-1E8F5446C494.jpeg

09-14 arms are interchangeable. Only the paint changed depending on the year/model.
I wasn’t sure if anything changed when they went away from the clicker shocks on the front or not. That was the only major difference between models that I could think of that would maybe affect things.

Back