• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 Yamaha FX Nytro new to yamaha's!

Koke1

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 Nytro XTX
I am looking into a picking up a new 2013 FX nytro. I really want to try a four stroke for the 2014 season. I currently ride a 800 etec and most of the people i ride with ride 800 twins of some sort. I am wondering what i can do to a nytro to run with these sleds performance wise. I know a boosted nytro would smoke them but are there other things i can do short of boosting it that would make it competetive. I looked into the superchargers and im no longer interested because of the horrible mileage you get. I would like to turbo but ive yet to find a good option for a short tracker. So what else is there? Please be realistic! Thank you

Dont you have the option of spring ordering a nytro with the turbo/supercharger for 1500$ extra? To compete with the 800 etec honestly you'll need more than a few upgrades i.e. clutch, headers etc.....

This is the realistic way and honest way to compete with them. some will say wins were close but because of this and this and this I lost. Those 800 etec are fast and light. Nytro's are not speed demons and are definetely not the lightest either. I'm sure multiple fellow members will chime in.

kojack said:
Dont you have the option of spring ordering a nytro with the turbo/supercharger for 1500$ extra? To compete with the 800 etec honestly you'll need more than a few upgrades i.e. clutch, headers etc.....

This is the realistic way and honest way to compete with them. some will say wins were close but because of this and this and this I lost. Those 800 etec are fast and light. Nytro's are not speed demons and are definetely not the lightest either. I'm sure multiple fellow members will chime in.

I know the e tecs are fast becasue thats what i currently ride. 2011 e tec 800 renegade. It has over 3k miles on it now and i want to try a four stoke. Yes you can get a supercharger for the shorttrackers for $1800 if you snowcheck a 2014. I am not interested in the supercharger as youll run at of gas at about 70 miles with the nytros small tank. Yeah i know the "trail tank" but i refuse to buy a new fuel tank for a brand new sled. Turbos get good mileage but those are not part of the snowcheck deal for the short trackers. Also they are getting better hp gains from turbos but i have not been able to find a good turbo option for a short track. I was told bone stock the nytro will hang with anything up to 90-100? Im looking for some options. thanks

with a full exhaust and clutch kit air box mod and pc5 you will will be very close. with my mods i beat a stock xf 800 but lost to a 11 e tec with a few mods had way more top end then me in the 1/4 mile but he took out his top end before 5000 km

Tyloooor said:
you gotta remember the short track nytro is slower than the XTX

Why would the short track be slower than a xtx. The xtx is a long track so im assuming it runs a few teeth smaller on the gears. Or thats how every other brand is anyway. Fill me in? Thanks

if your thinking of a full exhaust,pc5,filters, and clutchkit. Then it would almost cost just as much as the supercharger.

kingedwards99 said:
if your thinking of a full exhaust,pc5,filters, and clutchkit. Then it would almost cost just as much as the supercharger.

Supercharger is over $4000 ($1800 with the snowcheck for flatlanders) but im not going to snowcheck. Looking at new 2013's that are dirt cheap right now. Earlier someone said the XtX is faster than the shorty is this true? Doesnt make anysense. I had 2011 800r e tec renegade and it was geared down compared to the short track. I would assume the xtx would be the same?

And i wouldnt be interested in a supercharger as it kills fuel mileage. A good turbo at a reasonable price is something i would consider. I was considering the cat f1100 as they come stock making big hp with a turbo. I now changed my mind as i have been talking to cat owners and have not heard one good thing about that f1100 turbo as far as reliability.

i top out at 160kph i've heard guys with the xtx going faster then that. i've always thought and heard short tracks had a higher top end.

Just do the full exhaust ,k&n, and pcv with good clutching u will run with the 800s...And your sled wont need replacing after 3,000mi.. All my buddys have 800 e tecs and even in stock form the only time the e tec pulls away is after 80mph... With the mods i listed u will have same hp as the 800 etec and more torque.. I think u will be pleased...My nytro does not feel much havyer then my rev 800... But the 4 stroke power i absolutly love compared to the 2 stroke... Just my 2 cents take it for what it is... ;)!

The track angle is so steep on the short track....my bone stock short track is a 90 MPH sled....maybe 95 downhill with the wind at my back....

This summer I plan on installing the star 128 conversion kit....

Koke1 said:
Tyloooor said:

Why would the short track be slower than a xtx. The xtx is a long track so im assuming it runs a few teeth smaller on the gears. Or thats how every other brand is anyway. Fill me in? Thanks

The xtx is faster than the rtx because the xtx has a better track approach angle which creates faster speeds. Xtx and rtx share all the same parts up front, the only real difference is in rear suspension mounting and the longer track

natedawgedog said:
Koke1 said:
Tyloooor said:

The xtx is faster than the rtx because the xtx has a better track approach angle which creates faster speeds. Xtx and rtx share all the same parts up front, the only real difference is in rear suspension mounting and the longer track

So the gearing is the same?

Back