• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 yamahas...chill out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Sled, I'll just use one analogy here and then I'm out. We'll use cycling as the analogy. Take two people, both of equal fitness, size, strength etc. One is a freeride mountain biker and one is a road racer. Each having little experience with the other's type of cycling which one would excel at the other's version of the sport first? Would the road racer be able to excel at a downhill course faster than the downhiller would a street course? Look, I'm tired of arguing about this. I'm sorry to everyone I have offended. Please accept my apologies and I won't bother anyone here again.

I have not read through all of the posts regarding the 2013 lineup; but one thing that seems to be forgotten is the fact that Japan had a massive, devastating earthquake. This had a major effect on their manufacturing industry repercussions are still prevalent.
Just something to consider when you are thinking that yamaha has been ignoring their customers.
:yam:

greenthumb said:
I have not read through all of the posts regarding the 2013 lineup; but one thing that seems to be forgotten is the fact that Japan had a massive, devastating earthquake. This had a major effect on their manufacturing industry repercussions are still prevalent.
Just something to consider when you are thinking that yamaha has been ignoring their customers.

The mentality of the average{most} snowmobiler can not comprehend this! No offense to anyone.

Ruckus said:
Mr. Sled, I'll just use one analogy here and then I'm out. We'll use cycling as the analogy. Take two people, both of equal fitness, size, strength etc. One is a freeride mountain biker and one is a road racer. Each having little experience with the other's type of cycling which one would excel at the other's version of the sport first? Would the road racer be able to excel at a downhill course faster than the downhiller would a street course? Look, I'm tired of arguing about this. I'm sorry to everyone I have offended. Please accept my apologies and I won't bother anyone here again.

Would a monster truck driver beat a formula one racer????????????
Which one would excel at the others sport first????????

Wisco4stroke said:
greenthumb said:

The mentality of the average{most} snowmobiler can not comprehend this! No offense to anyone.

Yeah perhaps we should all relax and stop whining about our toys when Japan got hit hard not just economically. How many people died in that tradegy? Yes the other 3 mfg's economically got hit hard, but the loss of life in Japan was truly sad.

my 2 cents, no offense.

And I personally dont see why Ruckus' posts got people pissed off, I think yall is taking his comments too personally.

It is always hard to tell a persons tone when reading text I find.

Vmax4 if some of your comment was meant for me my rx1 is a mountain sled. I was in Revy with it and I guess I hit the snow just right 5 days in a row. I have my doubts about 162 or 174 hanging with someone who truly know how to ride trails you will be in the trees at a corner played out and sweating. If your sled is broke or your hurt there will most likely be some tears inside those mountain goggles too.

A mountain rider still has to ride the trails in order to get to the mountain, the trail guy doesn´t need to go through the mountain to get to the trails = mountain guys has some experience trail riding and trail riders has no experience of mountain riding....

MikeWalters said:
Wisco4stroke said:
greenthumb said:

Yeah perhaps we should all relax and stop whining about our toys when Japan got hit hard not just economically. How many people died in that tradegy? Yes the other 3 mfg's economically got hit hard, but the loss of life in Japan was truly sad.

my 2 cents, no offense.

And I personally dont see why Ruckus' posts got people pissed off, I think yall is taking his comments too personally.

It is always hard to tell a persons tone when reading text I find.

The issues to be address and brought to the market would have been developed long before last years tradegy. Aftermarket companies have fixed many issues with the product in a few months after getting the sleds. Skis have come a long ways but they keep sending them out with not-so-great handling skis. Just sell them with a aftermarket ski option. Polaris uses outside venders such as pro taper. Anyways last years weather is just a excuse for not keeping the chassis up with the motor.

"Im a better rider than you"-"NO YOUR NOT"-"YES I AM"-"NO YOUR NOT"-"YES I AM"-"NO YOUR NOT"-"YES I AM" "You wanna arm wrestle for it?? ;):D I need some popcorn. Did the early release suck? YES. If it makes u want to switch brands so what. Buy what you like and works for you. dont make me stop the van kids......

"Im a better rider than you"-"NO YOUR NOT"-"YES I AM"-"NO YOUR NOT"-"YES I AM"-"NO YOUR NOT"-"YES I AM"...........HOLD MY BEER...WHATCH THIS LOL[/quote]

The same complaining every year! Now - I DO understand Western riders not being happy with Yamaha. I believe they should be making a much better off-trail product then they currently do. I DON'T understand the eastern and midwestern riders who complain though. Year after year I go on group trips with many differnt sleds and I still haven't found one I would want over my Apex. Everyone was all excited about the new Cat procross and just like I (and others) predicted in last years "I'm pissed at Yamaha" thread, they have turned out to be garbage. Don't give me the "every brand has teething issues" story either. That sled is a complete debacle. Look one over with the panels off of it. It's like a chinese made car. Skidoo? Sure they handle great but the motors are like time bombs (with the exception of the 1200 which is very nice) and the front ends fold in like tin cans. Polaris? Getting better but outside of this years "shoot Out" it seems their 800 is still back of the pack. It's exciting to constantly have new "cool looking" designs, but when they regularly leave you broken down, whats the point. For the TRAIL rider, the Yamaha product is superior.

raginyamaha said:
"Im a better rider than you"-"NO YOUR NOT"-"YES I AM"-"NO YOUR NOT"-"YES I AM"-"NO YOUR NOT"-"YES I AM" "You wanna arm wrestle for it?? ;):D I need some popcorn. Did the early release suck? YES. If it makes u want to switch brands so what. Buy what you like and works for you. dont make me stop the van kids......

What the #*$&@ is a not!.... who´s got a not?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back