• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014 Sea-Doo Spark $4999 MSRP!

Daranello

Suspended
So BRP thru in the ACE 900 into a new watercraft and priced it at $4999... WOW

(Please YAMAHA, copy them the VXR is a Boat, we want a fun, inexpensive toy)

Exactly what the industry needed, a fun affordable watercraft..

This is exactly whats missing from snowmobiling, an affordable no frills $4999 Sled

]
http://youtu.be/F5IpCMYnApc
[/url]

seadoo-spark.jpg
http://youtu.be/F5IpCMYnApc

I agree. SeaDoo is going to sell these things fast! Their goal when developing was to offer a near 2 for 1 deal and they did.

The power to weight ratio is great on this. The video shows them standing it up like the old SeaDoos. It's not going to be fast, but it will be very fun.

Imagine if Yamaha could do that with a sled.

Daranello said:

This is exactly whats missing from snowmobiling, an affordable no frills $4999 Sled

Seriously, and is that a CDN price?

I have been looking for a cheap used one for some time now but if I can get New for 5G's, then it's definitely something to think about?
(Can't open links at work so maybe my question is already answered?)

I don't follow watercraft much at all but $5000 is not a lot of money for a toy.

I kind of feel that Polaris has done the same type of thing with their Indy line up. I seriously considered buying a Viper this year but shied away since there were still a number of unknowns. Price was also a big factor. I snow checked a base model 600 Indy for well under the $7999 MSRP. I'm going to buy a full set of race valved Walkers to put on it and I'll have a very capable, light weight, good handling sled for well under $10,000.

I do think there is a big market for a $5000 sled. Honda has been building the CRF230F in Brazil since '03 and it is a great little dirt bike. It is inexpensive because it is built there to Honda's standards. I'm pretty sure the Spark is built in Mexico? Makes me wonder why BRP's quads seem so expensive when I believe they are also built to Mexico?

Irv said:
Daranello said:

Seriously, and is that a CDN price?

I have been looking for a cheap used one for some time now but if I can get New for 5G's, then it's definitely something to think about?
(Can't open links at work so maybe my question is already answered?)

Starts at a little over $7000 in Canada- you know, because they have to ship it to USA and then back to Canada! LOL. Actually they might be made in Mexico.

Now that is cool! Even full access to the engine compartment by removing the top deck. I love power and speed but it sure is fun to go throw around an old WaveRunner. Hopefully Yamaha will be next in line.

Actually, it's $5600 Cdn.

No way would Yamaha compete in this segment. Much like the sled division, Yamaha would just add more complicated options, add more weight and the price would increase significantly.

This Seadoo has piqued my interest though.

Grimm said:

No way would Yamaha compete in this segment. Much like the sled division, Yamaha would just add more complicated options, add more weight and the price would increase significantly.

;)!

Grimm said:

An Ontario dealer (not sure if I can mention the name here) has an online ad saying that they are coming soon starting at $7099 plus freight and preparation. I would be happily surprized if Canadians walk out the door for less than $8000 (before taxes) but here's hoping.

YammyRX1 said:
Grimm said:

An Ontario dealer (not sure if I can mention the name here) has an online ad saying that they are coming soon starting at $7099 plus freight and preparation. I would be happily surprized if Canadians walk out the door for less than $8000 (before taxes) but here's hoping.

nope, the base is $5600 for the 2 seat 60hp

he could be talking about the 3 seat model $750 more and optional BRI (braking) $750 and 90hp

60hp 40mph
90hp 50mph

EDIT: found the kijiji add its for the
2014 Sea-Doo Spark ,90HP,4-Stroke 3 Passenger
[web]http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-boats-watercraft-personal-watercraft-2014-Sea-Doo-Spark-90HP-4-Stroke-3-Passenger-W0QQAdIdZ525002556[/web]

Here's a CDN dealers add on kijiji for $5,599 (2 seat 60hp)

[web]http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-boats-watercraft-personal-watercraft-2014-Sea-Doo-Spark-2-passanger-60-HP-4-stroke-W0QQAdIdZ524996332[/web]

Wow that is a decent price then- didn't realize there were two models.

When the kids get to old to ski and tube behind my 3 seater I will be looking at one of these also. Miss my old XP and how fun it was. Now if we could just get the stupid laws around here changed so you could have fun with other skiis around. The JetSki market would be as big as it was back in the 80's. The 150ft seperation rule ruined the sport for many.

Thanks for the info guys.

Back