• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014 Sr Viper RPM and Top speed problem

SR Viper

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Sr Viper XTX, 2007 Apex RTX, 2006 Nytro ER, 1989 Phazer, 1985 Sno scoot, 1980 ET 250
I have a problem with my 2014 Viper, first I got my #*$&@ handed to me by a 600 Polaris and that is driving me nuts. I can't get more then 8460 rpm out of it and a top speed of 73 mph. It has a MBRP race can, airbox mod , clutches have been tuned and I have the EVO flash. What's the deal? Anyone got suggestions.

2014 yamaha Sr viper XTX

oh with a 2 1/4 lug track

My '16 viper revs 89-9000 at wot. 90-95mph all the time. I've seen it hit 100 before but had to work for it. Sled is all stock with mbrp trail can

anyone have anything for help

You say clutch is tuned. What do you mean by tuned? Is the a clutch kit in it? If so what kit. Weights are too heavy. Need to pull weight from tip to get rpms up. Where is secondary wrapped? Do you know what gearing is in it? 2-1/4" track is hurting top end big time. If it is geared stock, that's a lot of track to pull.

anyone have anything for help

As was stated 3 times already. Your "tuned" clutch has too much weight.
Since you did not post any further info on what is done to the clutch for tuning, all that can be advised is to remove weight. Your rpm's are too low with that evo reflash and mods.
Post specific details of your tuning and someone on here will be able to tell you exactly what you need to do.
Untill you give specifics, your help will be limited.

As was said above you clutching is way off. It doesn't sound like you have clutch tuning experience so the easiest thing to do, and the thing most likely to yield success is to buy a clutch kit. They don't cost that much, they're easy to install and this forum is full of recommendations. I went with Ulmer but there are plenty of others. The vendor you choose can give recommendations for your specific application.

Back