• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

At this point

At this point if I were yamaha I would want to leak something.

We've hyped up some crazy stuff, they should leak something just to reel it in or they will just let everyone down.

( or sled23 works for yamaha).

Shrader said:
I have been sworn to secrecy, but, You guys are not gonna be happy on wed.

i hope that doesnt mean the direct injection 2 stroke is more than just a rumor :4STroke:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-17 at 10.26.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-17 at 10.26.17 PM.png
    221.7 KB · Views: 1,208
Shrader said:
I have been sworn to secrecy, but, You guys are not gonna be happy on wed.

Yeah. And I've been sworn to supremacy. The new iron will be lighter, won't blow belts, burn or burn down.

Direct injection.

Yammerhead said:
Where's the little "leaked" photo to really get everyone worked up into a lather? Didn't they have one of the original Nytro with the skis half way out of the trailer? I hope they have a little fun with this, as long as its something substantial. A new 2 inch track after all this would be cruel.
I think that was the intro for the phazer.................The nytro was covered with snow as it blasted thru a drift with just the very front showing..MM.

It's easy to say you know something and not tell anyone then say yup I knew it all along. I think some of you should write down what you think you know and give it to someone you trust so you can see how accurate you are. Just saying.

Well I might as well get in on this thread too LOL!

Looking at the add posted above by tapp1 and looking at the clues shown, here is my guess.
A new direct injected four stroke engine! They have been using direct injection in cars for awhile now and to my knowledge no one has used in a four stroke sled yet.

The advantages include improved fuel ecomony and reduced emissions. It also allows for higher compression ratios (which increases horsepower) because the fuel can be injected into combustion chamber at a percise time/amount which reduces the chances of detonation.

yamahabandit said:
A salesman at a local Yamaha dealer told me this week that he it on good authority( :drink: ) that Yamaha has had engineers working at Thief River Falls for over 2 years. Take that for what its worth.
Just a note to the Procross bashers out there. Have you ever ridden one? I have 1000 miles on mine and have driven several others. Put a Nytro motor in there and you'd have one hell of a sled. ;)! We'll find out soon!

But it's got to be more then just a re-badged look-alike built in an Arctic Cat factory or it will be a market failure. Every single re-badged major product has failed. Just look at the auto industry for reference.

Now if they took some of the technology to build their own sled then that could be a good thing. I've looked at ProCrosses on the showroom floor. They are nice enough, but the devil is in the details. It didn't take me 1 minute to find assembly flaws. Now that doesn't mean they don't ride nice or work well, but it does tell me that the quality of the product coming out of that dirty little factory in Thief River Falls isn't up to the same standard as Yamaha's world class Japanese factories. Our regional Yamaha rep. lives in my town and he's been to their factories. He said you could eat off the floor and everyone wears uniforms. The whole operation is ran with precision and is highly automated. If you have ever been in the TRF plant (I have been) I can tell you it's a whole different world. The place looks like a disorganized dirty mess in my opinion.

Now with that said does it really matter where a sled is built? Yes I do believe it does. People who buy a product want that product BUILT by the company who's name is on the hood. That is the reason why re-badges never do well in the market.

Back