• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wow what a bummer this will be when we just get new stickers and a return to the pro action. The Yamaha email will read
"JK everyone JK"

This is out of control speculation, and I think it's a case of be careful what you wish for as well. You just might get it.

Reading CR's blog indicates he is monitoring this thread/site. This is the first time in all my years on TY and then TY4 I have come across any evidence that Yamaha Corporate personnel actually do monitor this site. Now, with all the years of crying for what we wanted, I felt that Yamaha had never heard our cries. Yamaha now has no excuse not to meet the demands of its loyal customers spread throughout North America, Scandinavia and beyond. I now feel that us loyal customers, the average snowmachiner actually does have a voice to be heard. Thanks CR for the acknowledgement.

Now, I am more confused than ever in reference to what actually is going to be released. What I do know for sure about the unveiling tomorrow is the sled(s) will have BNG!

have a dealer friend there and doors are locked.will not show anything untill wensday.there are gaurds at the doors.wont let anyone see.

What a kick in the face to all of us who bleed "true blue" if this "game changer" is in fact what seems to be.

I for one am not for any part of my sled being anything at all part Cat.

You can put lipstick on a pig or CAT and its still a pig.

I will never buy anything cross bred. Not for me.

I will ride a Doo before that.

That said as long as I see a 2014 Apex XTX built in Japan then fine. I will be able to stay on Blue. Otherwise goodbye.

And for CR to Lie to us all with his speaking in Code and bulls**t is another kick in the teeth. Just not right.

whoa dude! no need to get all upset man. If they would pushed the release date up a week we would all be doing the same thing.

not worth getting upset about something that may or may not be a rumor!

Maybe this sharing of tech won't be so bad. I am just speculating here, but I believe this will replace the phazer, b/c both the phazer and cat 1100 are twins, and this chassis was already designed for a turbo, so you would have to do very little alterations to fit the phazer motor (also phazer and viper, similar "er" lol). So, you would have a 120srx, 80hp viper, 100-110hp turbo viper that are made by yamaha with cat chassis's. Then yamaha could focus on a new chassis that holds a nytro motor with a turbo, this would cover the 130hp and 170hp models (eventually getting rid of apex and motor). This would reduce yamaha's cost for entry level sleds (phazer is a little pricey), would also appease yamaha fans with a new true yamaha for their flagship models and further reduce costs by eliminating the 4 cylinder and apex/nytro chassis, and it would cover all demographics. I think this would be a win win for yamaha and their consumers.

RX1MPete said:
Reading CR's blog indicates he is monitoring this thread/site. This is the first time in all my years on TY and then TY4 I have come across any evidence that Yamaha Corporate personnel actually do monitor this site. Now, with all the years of crying for what we wanted, I felt that Yamaha had never heard our cries. Yamaha now has no excuse not to meet the demands of its loyal customers spread throughout North America, Scandinavia and beyond. I now feel that us loyal customers, the average snowmachiner actually does have a voice to be heard. Thanks CR for the acknowledgement.

Now, I am more confused than ever in reference to what actually is going to be released. What I do know for sure about the unveiling tomorrow is the sled(s) will have BNG!

Chris frequently mentions TY in his posts and follow-up comments. He also is a member of this site, conveniently named "Sled Talk Blog". Occasionally he posts surveys about particular models to find out what we like and dislike. It's no secret that Yamaha monitors the comings and goings of this site. It's probably their best source of feedback on the sled platform.

I think going with the PC chassis would be the smartest thing they could do...Don't want to make that same mistake they made back when they had to get rid of the TSS front end...they jumped on what was hot at the time, the Poo IFS only to see everyone drop trailing arms for A frames. I'll be all over a PC/Nytro.

You know I don't like the idea of the Yamacat, but I am willing to hold my judgement until Yamaha at least gets the chance to fully introduce it and we get some test ride reviews.

I might be critical of Arctic Cat, but I still have a soft spot in my heart for the little guys in the snowmobile market. If Yamaha and AC together can improve chassis, quality, engines, and power train and come knocking on the 2 big bullies doors it would not hurt my feelings.

I guess we will all know the truth in a few hours. I do think if it is a Yamacat then Yamaha needs to tell us how quality control will be implemented and it better have a Yamaha drive system!!!

yamajammer76 said:
I guess we will all know the truth in a few hours. I do think if it is a Yamacat then Yamaha needs to tell us how quality control will be implemented and it better have a Yamaha drive system!!!

that pretty much sums up exactly how I feel.

Shrader said:
LOL RW, insert foot in mouth.

I only hit submit once! Waited about five minutes and never got the confirmation page and hit the back button. Oh well. I am almost as excited as the sever! :tg:

Back